Chapter: 27

Alex's Pov

After spending much of the time leading up to March living a chilled-out life I knew the Event Selection Exam was about to start, and with that the finishing act of our first year at this school. To be honest when I came to this world I had made some notes about what was going to happen, but I am starting to forget the less important details, for instance I have forgotten the event Class A will choose other than Chess. Since I am almost positive the event order is rigged I know it will come down to that, I am wondering is Arisu will make any changes since she definitely knows that if I am the player for Chess I will destroy anyone in her class other than herself.

During this time waiting for this exam I have been reading and watching anime mostly, but I have also been contemplating about my existence in this world. Even if I am an insert there has to be some kind of story revolving around me, like why was a foreign citizen like me admitted into this school? To be honest I have draw a few different conclusions but I have absolutely no evidence to back up my theories, if anything I think I am making up an interesting story for myself. Only time will tell if there is anything going on behind the scenes without my knowledge, for now I can only act on what I have information about.

When March 8th came around the exam was announced and Ayanokoji was offered up as a sacrifice, like the book we ended up against Class A, it seems like everything is going according to plan.

Annoyingly Horikita had everyone come up with a possible game, since I do not want to change the future I made up a really crappy game that was based on trust in your classmates, like I said it was a bad idea.

To be honest I do not want to interrupt Ayanokoji and Arisu's game but since it will be influenced by the outside anyway I will have to make an impact myself. Ayanokoji will be better off in the future with his protection point, I do not think Arisu really needs hers.

Every action has a consequence though, it is possible that me ruining Tsukishiro's plan will put me on his radar, which would be unfortunate.

Similarly to the book a week later we got the 10 possible events for our enemy, I know some of which ones they will pick but there is no point saying anything to my classmates. The night after it was announced I was in my room reading a book about World War Two in the Pacific, I knew most of the information because I was kind of a World War Two buff as a kid, but some of the personal accounts and details were interesting. As I was reading about the Battle of Guadalcanal I heard a knock at my door, I didn't want to get out of my bed so I just ignored it, unfortunately the person on the other side seemed rather insistent.

As I reluctantly walked to my door I was met with the annoyed face of Suzune Horikita, did she really have to come to my room this late tonight, wouldn't tomorrow have worked?

"Hello Horikita, what do you want?"

"I came to talk to you about the special exam, may I come in?"

I looked at her for a few seconds before moving out of the way.

"Sure, I wouldn't want anyone to get ideas of the two of us."

I saw her flinch slightly at that but she still walked in and took of her shoes, since it is proper to get your guest a drink I got her a glass of water with some ice. When I gave it to her she looked at me oddly.

"No tea?"

Is she really going to nitpick about something like that?

"I don't drink coffee or tea, I also don't get many guests so I have no reason to buy it for others, if you want tea next time you can bring your own."

She let out a disapproving sign, hey stop that, I still get way more visitors that you, you toxic loner. Putting aside my annoyance and being judged like this I decided to get to the point, I don't exactly enjoy my time with Horikita.