Chapter 3

The next morning I had walked into Avery books and Co. it was my company I opened it as a publishing house and also for writers who were on low key budget to publish their books and also my company has a program directed to kids and teenagers who are passionate about writing and arts. At the end the best writer gets a gift and a wonderful autograph from me. Well to me life was good.

As I stepped into my office and sat down. My secretary came in

" good morning , here are the files that needs your attention and some meetings and also your mother called thrice earlier this morning.

Going through the files, "okay, I will look into it, thank you very much I will love some hot milk and cookies.

As she left, I picked up my phone and looked at it , there was over 89 missed calls and some messages. I wondered where I was when it was ringing anyways it is always on Silent. Missed calls from my mom, James, unknown numbers and Midas blog.

"Hello Mom," I said as soon as she picked the call.

"finally! You finally decide to pick your calls.

" Good morning ma how are you, I was so busy that I missed your calls.

"Hmm! Anyways when will you be visiting us and I read that article is it true that you are dating that cute Asian boy!

" Mom!", I robbed my eyes " That's not true Mom and you know it because all this blogs and paparazzi are just trying to get a raise out of me. How is Dad.

"hmmm,if you wanted to know how he was, you should come home and stop asking questions. Hope you are good ,you seem to be distant from us baby girl. I am happy for you living your dreams honey but please don't forget family.

" I promise to visit as soon as I can, I have sent the monthly paycheck to you guys, its $100,000 . That will be ok for the month if you guys need anything. Let me know.

The call with my mom was sooth-nerving it kinda helped me relax; I just entered this "CELEBRITY/ FAMOUS LIFE. And am trying to get my feet back on getting used to the paparazzi, the bustle, the privacy infringement and of course the taxes. My thoughts were interrupted when my secretary entered with a tray and with MJ on her heels.

"I don't think you will be needing that breakfast because right now, you have a fundraising to be at."MJ said, trying not to laugh because I squeezed my face.

"Well, I can't take the tea but I can take the cookies. Rose please attend to all schedules and tell everyone I won't be in today.

Rose replied, "Ok boss, but please don't forget about the Authors conference on Friday, you are to be the chairperson.

" Okay, I got it, meanwhile prepare a meeting with the kids section on Monday I want to talk and see what they have been up to and also prepare my speech for the conference.", I said leaving with MJ behind me.

Inside the car James was inside waiting for me, MJ had to go in the other car with the bodyguards.

"So what's this fundraising all about?

"Well, let me not guess you have forgotten?

"For Chrissake!, James am a human being , my brain is jammed you can't expect me to remember all this things.

He just looked at me and out the window "well it's a fundraising for Pet   DARe

"What?

"The owner of Pet Dare is Maya Aston, the Senator's wife, she is launching a pet shop and she felt you should be there because she and her dog Pete and I quote'' that they love your book and that is why she wanted you to come to the fundraiser as you have touched their lives with your book.

"What the hell? So my book not only touches people's lives but also dogs too just great! So am going to a fundraiser because a dog likes my book, way to go!. All this rich people be weird sometimes.

James cackled, "very funny, you are rich too so you to be weird.

Well the fundraising was not bad as I thought it will be, I met some people famous ones, politicians and also some spoilt young wives and mistresses of some of them. All I wanted was to do my work, say a speech and stuff. I was sitting down comfortably eating the hors d oeuvres and wine when two bimbos from the club of "the spoilt wives'' came over to me, one of them looking more plastic than Barbie doll itself.

"so is it true that you are dating that Hot Korean actor," she said , giving me a onceover.

"You are lucky, I have been trying to put my hands on those fine Asian guys but they all seem reserved and respectful! What did you do?

I glared at them, " I am not dating Kim Yoon GI, he is just a friend.

"That's what they say but the blogs has your pictures of you two hugging and having dinner.

"So what? Can't one hang out with their friends?

"Not the way we see it, you two having been playing a bad game and hiding from the press.

I was so annoyed, "Yeah and so what if we are dating.

" I thought Korean men don't like black women that they love white girls.

I sneered at her, " White girls with plastic faces, you mean!.

"Don't talk to us like that, just because you wrote one stupid book that gave you money does not mean you belong here. Strutting around here as if you belong, those your boobs and figure are not real, you did some plastic job", she laughed.

"Well my figure is natural endowed from God himself as a black Queen that I am and also I made my money from books that I write with my brain and not by selling my body aka "my pussy".

The two of them gasped at my rude language, me I was past caring and I even gave them the middle finger and I looked and saw James he was staring at me and of course have been listening in on our conversation. SHUTTER! SHUTTER!,the sound of camera drew my attention to where I was, unknown to me one of the cameramen was in on us and had all the conversation on video guess who the motherfucker was it was no other than Midas fucking idiot, he had disgused as a press reporter and gotten into the event because according to him that was the only way he would get to me since I have been avoiding his calls for an interview. Thank God the security arrested him and confiscated his camera.