Chapter 20

AVERY

I was typing away at my laptop trying to finish up the last part of my book, although it was very late at night probably by 2am. I find it hard to sleep these days I have been suffering constantly from nightmares of late so I stay awake at night then sleep during the day.

CRASH!

The sound alerted me, but I ignored it thinking probably it was my live-in housekeeper Maltida was in the kitchen but I wondered why she will be up by this time, I know she was an early riser or maybe she came up to take a drink or something, well I just shrugged it off, and continue to type away at my laptop.

CRASH!

"For chrissake! Maltida am trying to work here" I groaned, standing up and carrying a glass of wine that I have been drinking earlier , then I walked down to the kitchen to know what the ruckus was all about?

"Maltida, what's going on? I said entering the kitchen, it was a little pitch black so I switched on the light, what I saw was beyond my imagination, scattered around the kitchen were broken plates and to my horror was my Housekeeper lying down in her own pool of blood. Flash my mind was wondering whether this has to do with the ORDER and how can I explain a murder in my house, I quietly checked her pulse but she was dead, with so ,many thoughts running through I didn't notice that a hooded figure was standing behind me, the next thing the man grabbed me and covered my mouth before I could shout. Where were the bodyguards? Did he kill them?

I whimpered.

"Shut up! Don't say a word! You devil spawn" the man breathed in my ear holding me tighter.

He was definitely trying to strangle me, I could not breathe, and quickly I remembered that I had read somewhere that your elbow was the strongest part of your body. I elbowed him and he let go in a grunt. I ran towards my room screaming on top my voice probably to get my phone. But he was faster, he kicked my legs and I fell by the side smashing into a vase. Zing! The pain was instant, I ignored the pain and tried to get up, and he grabbed me by hair and twisted my hand backwards probably to block me from elbowing him again. Then he pushed me to the wall, the sound of my head coming in contact with the wall was zaam! My vision was blurry and I tried to get up again but I could not, I rolled in pain. then he kicked me in my stomach, I groaned in pain.

"That's the pain you deserve more than this, I intend to kill you and get rid of the world of people like you. You are important to him, killing you will destroy his plans at least put a delay to it! I will destroy everything even it means me dying. After everything I did for him, Spawn of the devil like you don't deserve to live" he growled

What was he saying? Who is he? My head hurts and I was already bleeding my white nightshirt was soaked in blood. I saw him standing over me with a knife in his hand, may I remind you it was my kitchen knife! I was scared and weak, I can't die now! Not like this! Am yet to enjoy my money! I cried in my mind. He just kept muttering some words which sounded like a prayer, out of the corner of my eye I could see My Alter-ego(myself) standing by the door with blood dripping out of the eyes and I could hear faint noises, my security was trying to break open the door.

He smiled darkly "No one will save you, before they will get here you probably be dead" he said raising the Knife high. It was as if I gathered some strength and held his hand, we started struggling although he was stronger, I held his hand that held the knife he was trying to strangle me with the other I was holding his hands.

"Die! Just die! You dying will solve a lot of problems!" he growled.

The door has been forced open and the bodyguards had come in, one of them had to grab him from the back and they tackled him, taking the knife away from him.