Chapter 13

It was raining so heavily, as our car entered a building I wondered how James managed to see through the rain and drive. I was just huddled at the side of the passenger side. he stopped at the entrance and a man who was dressed in black came out with an umbrella and was holding two umbrella. I came down and he gave me one and the other to James and as we were ushered inside a mansion door.

" I swore I have been here before like déjà vu" I muttered

" what did you say" James said trying to hear me clearly through the rain sound and stuff. I just shrugged and we entered inside the house, it was warm and there were candles lighted in assymetrical way from where we stood down an unending hallway. The man who had welcomed us had come inside and he ushered us into a room and asked us to robe. I was puzzled and stuff, James could see that I was confused and stuff but he didn't say anything, rather he gave me a black robe to wear.

After I had dressed in the black overflowing robe.

" turn around"

"Why"

"I have to blindfold you. It's a way of bringing the initiates in. I let him blindfold me and I followed him as he held my hands and we walked for over half an hour I was getting tired and my eyes was scratchy from the blindfold I voiced out my irritation to James. But he was earthly quiet; he held my hand as fast as I tried to remove the blindfold. "Stop" he hissed.

"Where are we and where are you taking me to? I seem to ask no one in particular, I heard a door opening and I was pushed inside.

"Welcome!'' a voice thundered: I was like whats the deal with all secrecy and stuff and what's with the welcome voice as if we were in Mortal kombat scene.

The blindfold was ripped off my face and as my eyes gradually got used to my surroundings. I looked around. I was standing in the middle of a big hall , many people were lined in an assymetrical line. Some were wearing black robes, some were wearing red robes, those wearing the red ones were a bit higher than those wearing black.their robes hood covered their faces, I cant even see any of their faces, beside me was two people wearing black as me but we were standing on a white line, I even noticed that the two of them were looking around too. My gaze went to the middle of the room, there was a big mirror, biggest that I have ever see, the mirror was long that it reached the roof Wait! I have seen that mirror before in my dream. I gasped and turn around trying to look for James and trust me I was about to bolt when a voice said " Come forward" and I and the two persons moved forward.

"Welcome, welcome again,you are the newest initatee 500000- welcome to the Order where we make your dreams come true" hearing that I rolled my eyes.

" Avery Sinclair, Elizabeth Eden , Richard Parton , hold out your hands and swear the oath of allegiance

That I will abide by the rules and regulation to serve the order , and that I will never disclose anything done here or say anything to those outside world, and I promise to work in accordance to the master wishes and if I ever disobey, I will pay with my life.

That was one hell of a pledge I mused and after saying it.

"You are now the newest members of the The Order; an organization that deals with world dominion and supremacy, with time you will see what it is all about. Now to the final stage.

The doors opened and we saw a Man being dragged inside, he was naked and I kept wondering what was going on. He was dragged to the middle of the room, then the red robe figure which has been speaking came down from the podium and walked to where the naked man was and he raised his fingers again and the door opened again and a young woman was dragged in too but she was not naked but rather she was dressed in white. As soon as the naked man saw her, he was trying to stand up ,but he was weak, he was thrashing and saying the words " Don't, please" The woman was as if she was drugged because the way she was moving, the red robe man went up to her and took her by hand and led to the middle of the room and made her lie on the floor just few spaces from where we stood. My brain was like what was going on? Who was she? And why was the naked man there or do they want them to have sex because I have seen such scene from a movie. The audience was if they were dead people, devoid of emotions, no movements, everyone just stood there with their faces hidden under their robes. Then I heard a shrill scream, it was so loud I had to cover my ears , as I raised my head, the Mirror was turning black and white smoke was coming out, the woman started shaking as if she was being choked as she was writhing, there was a pool of blood where she laid and it was as if she was being sucked dry because she was shrinking and shrinking as blood was flowing , she shrinked up to the extent that she turned into a skeleton and gradually turned to dust , then a wind from the mirror came and carried it away.