Chapter 8

I had returned back to my normal life after the much needed rest. I was sitting in my office when James walked in.

" Oh my God, James you look like you went to hell and back what happened to you, I have been calling you since I just spoke to MJ who insisted that that she hasn't not spoken to you too.

He smirked " I am fine, just decided to take a vacation just as you decided to take yours.

I stared at him " Are you okay? You look tired, hope everything is okay at home.

James wife Nancy was an alcoholic something they have been trying to hide and I know I do pay James well, I just think the whole situation was tiring him out, taking care of an alcoholic wife and three toddlers(triplets).

" Avery, everything is fine, am just under the weather that's all.

" Okay, so is there any schedule for the week.

"Surprisingly to say none for now, so you just have to focus on the company for now. I heard that you submitted a copy to your editor, I guess the holiday did you well, so you are up and running to do better.

I smiled "I hope so; I think I outdid myself on this one.

"Good.

James look and presence did not look well to me I suspected that he had started dealing on drugs but James didn't strike me as the man who would let trivia family matters disturb him. I had received a call from my editor who had sent me the edited part and I had sent it to the publishers section.

I should be grateful that I was free that week but I felt a nagging feeling. Was I fading out , I remembered when I just came into the spotlight, there was always calls for interviews, book signing, interviews , parties and so on. But now but I didn't let it deter me. I was already anticipating that this next book will be better than the first one.

The following week I was invited for a photo-shoot by the biggest bridal house/ magazines in town, they also wanted me to model their wedding gown collection and also Martin Sarvey was the model for the groom collection. It baffled me because Sarvey was very rich even way richer and why does he need to model for them. Well it was none of my business and I was to go there do my job right and go away.

I had been styled in a very beautiful white shimmer wedding gown, looking at my reflection in the mirror I could not help but know that I would be a very beautiful bride someday.

"Are you crying'' MJ asked me

"No, I was not crying I was not just admiring the gown fits so perfectly.

MJ laughed and gestured me to the set.

"Miss Sinclaire this is going to be the first unit shoot, whereby you shoot with only the wedding gowns before we run the Couple section", the director told me holding up his earphone and I nodded.

AveMaria Belden strutted in she was the artistic director for that collection, a petite woman who was not really pretty but she did look graceful and okay. She walked over to where I was surrounded by stylists and so.

"Hi, Avery" she said smiling and offering her hand for a shake.

I smiled and shook hands with her.

"it was an honor for you to model for us, sooner or later you will be joined by my cousin Martin Sarvey then you guys will take the couple edition showcasing reception gowns and dinner outfits. Thank you for coming.

Few hours later Martin Sarvey showed his beautiful self, every one was swoon by his handsomeness. Of course I heard he had been divorced twice with two kids each from his ex and he was a flirt as well as a womanizer. He walked in gracefully with attendants by his side adjusting, preening and stuff. I just took my self to my allocated side, I always had a foggy feeling about him, like a part of my memory was cloudy about him. he smiled at me and I smiled back and turned back MJ was gawking at him. I had to roll my eyes.

"Okay, everyone take your positions we are ready to start", the director's voice over the megaphone interrupted whatever I wanted to tell MJ about her gawking.

Sarvey came closer and held my hands; we had to take pictures like couple. I was dying inside in fact I was screaming damn he looked so perfect.

"Now back each other and pretend that you are looking at the stars"

I complied, but I was dying his perfume was mind blowing Can a human smell so good. The next cut we had to go change for the next one, he was dressed in an all white suit which gave him a bad mafia leader vibes while I was dressed in off hand emerald green gown which fitted my body. The way he was just looking at me, If I was white I would have blushed beet red.

After the shoot, it was time to go home when he walked up to me and MJ and asked me to join him for lunch across the next restaurant, I happily agreed one because I was hungry and two I wanted to inhale more of his perfume.

As we went in, we were shielded by his bodyguards from the prying eyes of the press. I was happy because I was not ready to be involved in another scandal

"Ever since I saw you at Timothy's party few months ago, this is the second time we have been meeting.

"Really! Wow but you invited me for your masquerade party and I did not attend am so sorry.

He just stared at me for a while smiled and started to look outside the window. Mw on the other hand was hungry and was ready to devour the food, few minutes he just stood up

"Well, I have to go, important things that need my attention, here is my card and I would love we do this again", he said, giving me his card , I was hestitant to take it.

He retracted it and put it back in his pocket " Well, I have your number I can call I don't need you to have mine", well don't look surprised what I want I get.

It has been few hours since Mr Handsome had left and I was still sitting there savouring some of the goodies he had paid for.