Chapter 7

Ryan Morrison has been typing away at his laptop for over an hour, his glasses perfectly on his nose he didn't even look up when his assistant Molly Fredman walked in.

" I guess you have been busy on those papers for a long time ," she said and dropped a c up of coffee before him.

Without raising his head up, he snatched the coffee and said, " Thank you''

Molly casually made herself comfortable, sitting down and crossing her legs and sipping her own cup of coffee.

" I just don't seem to get things right , I have tried even up to tracking them but its of no use.

" sometimes I wonder why you bother yourself about this people , don't you think there was a reason you escaped alive Ryan!

He stared at her, removed his glasses and walked towards the window and stared down at the people walking .

Molly was on alert and moved quickly to where Ryan was and casually said, " Ryan please step away from the window" with the emphasis on PLEASE.

Ryan turned and was looking at her as if she was not there

"Ryan please step away from the window.

In a flick of an eye he stepped out of the window and started wheezing

Molly rushed to him, " should I get the medicine

" No'' He rasped then calmly getting his self back already there was a great ball of sweat on his forehead. He stood up and went into the bathroom. He stared at his reflection. This series of attack has been going on for years ever since he left the THE ORDER, he was lucky he left alive or would he say he was born lucky and the constant wheezing and attempts of suicide seem to be recurring.

" Wait, do they know am still alive'', of course not he had committed suicide according to him, he survived and had decided to leave THE ORDER, times and times without number torment and pain has been his stronghold.

He kept staring at the mirror and the eyes that stared back at him was soul-less, this was a man who had it all, wealth, fast cars and so on he rolled with the big boys but the source of his wealth was questionable, not quite per say. Ryan was a technocrat, he had designed an app which had help people out of their depression and so forth. Come and join the club they say he wanted more money he wanted his name to trend as those who moved the timber and caliber of the society but it came with a price His soul. He had grown in poverty and eagerly chosen that path because he wanted those who had looked down on him and his family to eat their words, the money started rolling in and stuff but worse came he lost his entire family in a plane crash. He mourned and mourned because of his family he made his wealth, who would now spend his money with him. After the crash, his net worth increased from 14% to 99% , he soon forgot about his dead family. He was rich and so forth he got married and had two kids until it was his turn to provide a blood ritual. Ryan understood what he was getting into in the first place. Going for meetings his human mind had always dreaded it but like it said his alter-ego spirit so as they call it. Each and everyone of the member had it.it was a demon who was the opposite of you. Actors, actresses, musicians, politicians, kings and so forth were all members of the order. Your alter- Ego spirit was the opposite of you for example the musicians use theirs to overcome their fright on stage and and whenever they sing, the alter-ego releases a type of evil wave that make people who listen to this type of people's music glued to them and so forth likewise the technocrats like himself, those who design apps, gadgets and so, this make people get addicted and so forth.likewise the writers and the artists and so on. He had seen his fair share of blood rituals and so but after the death of his daughter which he had willingly sacrificed because he had a position whereby his company had to takeover but he never got it because according to the MASTER, someone else who had had eye on that had given a PLEASING SACRIFICE . Ryan was not happy infact he became rebellious but of course you cant become rebellious in that order. He had been sneaking out information to conspiracy theorists about the order and giving them names to publish under an Anonymous name. a rebellious mortal cannot rebel against a Rebellious immortal. He started losing out, his company ran bankrupt in a matter of months, his wife had divorced him and had taken a good chunk of fortune with her as Alimony, he started using drugs and stuff, he used drugs to sleep and he started losing himself until that fateful day, he committed suicide, Ryan wanted out he had staged with his doctor who had pronounced him dead and his will had read he be cremated and no oneIwas invited to his burial because everyone had thought him to be a lunatic. He had ran away so far with the little savings he had to start another life.

The knock on the door interrupted his thinking.

" Ryan are you okay," Molly said through the door.

" Yes, I am fine just using the restroom will be out soon", his suicidal tendencies had not gone rather it kept going at him like something was programmed into him that he must kill himself even Molly do notice about his mood and stuff.

Avery

The sweet melodious voices of the choir singing oh happy day was mind soothing and I could not help admire my cousin Tamara in her white robe giving her all in singing. Everyone was singing and dancing in God's house.

After service, I was outside greeting some people and of course answering some questions since I was the town Celebrity. The local newspaper had carried on that I had come to visit my parents even though I had tried to keep a low profile. I had gone to meet my mom who was talking with the pastor.

" Reverend Williams," I greeted him

" Well,Hello there Avery its been long.hope you are doing fine

I smiled " Yes reverend I am.

"You know it's been a long time since you became famous, hope you still go to church and say your prayers

I nodded smiling inwardly.

" You better careful child, I see lots of dark clouds covering you.

I and my mother stared at each other. "What do you mean Reverend?

" I have been having some revelations about you a lot although it was uncanny I keep seeing you in dark clouds. I know Fame is good but do not forget the root from which you came from. Never Forget God and don't forget your prayers try reading more of Psalms 21 and 120.

The conversation I had with the Reverend left me unsettling and of course my Mom who kept asking questions, questions I probably had no answers to. Sitting on the balcony enjoying a glass of fresh juice, and fresh air, I took my book and start writing before sundown I had written over 21 chapters and I was in seemingly proud of myself for achieving such a feat. I had called my editor and told him that I will be sending something soonest for him to work on. I tried to call James but his number was not going through. That seemed odd and I tried reaching MJ her line was off too.

I had spent two weeks with my family and it was time to go back to my famous life the vacation was good for me, my skin became clearer and I seemed to glow probably because of my Mom's cooking.