Chapter 26

Avery and Co in collaboration with St Perpetual orphanage; my company was running a free publishing and children contest for the orphanage; I made sure I was in attendance the kids from the orphanage was so excited that I actually came in person not after promising that I would come but I didn't show up.

Sr. Agatha the sister in charge was all smiles when I walked up to her, I had finished playing with the kids and stuff.

"It's been long, it's so good to see you Avery" she smiled.

I smiled "I know but a lot of work had definitely taken my time but here I am here now.

We were taking a tour of the orphanage, she telling me about the stuff they need and stuff, then we walked into the infant section of the orphanage a baby was sleeping in a cot and beside the cot was a child not older than four seated there.

"who is that" I asked walking towards the cot, I didn't want kids yet but that did not mean that I didn't have baby fever.

"that's Grace and Kayla".

As I approached the older kid turned to me and I could see that she had a deep red scar on her face like a burn.

"Grace and Kayla are orphans; nobody knows who they were all we got that they were rescued from a house fire, Grace had gotten that scar trying to svae her little scar.

"Poor girl! What happened to their parents did they die in the fire?

"no one knows all we know probably they were abandoned in the fire to die, although the police is still running an invesyigation, they have been here for over 6 months, no news yet. I walked closer to the cot and saw the baby sleeping and turned to the sister who shlyly peered at me, I smiled and said "hi"

"how old is the baby?

"six months, the baby was a day old when they bought them here, it was a miracle that she survived although the older sister took the brunt.

I starred at the scarred girl and felt pity for her "I will send some money later in the day, I want her properly treated if possible if there will be a plastic surgery for her.

"yes we had contemplated on that; although the doctor had said she was still young maybe she gets a little older then she can have the operation.

I nodded ; at that moment the baby woke up and started flaying her arms at an instant the sister jumped and started hushing her to stop crying.

Sr Agatha "Grace why don't you go out and play with the other kids, I can take care of Kayla.

"the other kids run away from me" she pouted.

The emotion that was running through my mind was enough; I just smiled at her then gave her a 100 dollar bill and walked out of there with my P.A on my heels, I hate emotions.i had other things to attend to than stay in that place and feel sorry for kids that I do not know, I have done my part : it would have been a good thing adopting them but I don't think Ssarvey will agree but I made a mental note to keep sending big money to them.

I was in the car as we were driving back to the office with Tia probably typing at something when my phone rang and it was James; I have not heard from him not since after I became Mrs. Martin, I wondered what he was calling me for, I was reluctant to pick the call, but it kept ringing had no choice to pick it.

"James, it had better be a something good that you are bugging me with calls" I retorted.

"well, if it's not Miss , no Mrs.. High and mighty...anyway have you read the blogs or rather the social media is buzzing.

"What about?

"I suggest you check the internet and do damage control" the line went dead, then I turned to Tia who was scrolling through her pad looking distressed "what is going on" I asked looking at her, she just gave me the pad and started answering the phone.