Chapter 22

ONE MONTH LATER

"You are getting married?"

I heaved and smiled and answered "Yes mom" showing off the engagement ring on my hand.

My sister and cousin all jumped in excitement. My mom was smiling but my Dad's face was impassive. Sarvey had proposed with a diamond ring and we had gone to my parents to announce the engagement and of course start off the wedding preparations.

"My baby is getting married" My mom enveloped me in a bear hug , with all the excitement, Sarvey had been sitting down smiling like a good potential son-in-law, on the other hand My dad didn't say anything neither did he react. Later when my mom, sister and cousin had dragged Sarvey into the kitchen to get to know him better (literally drool on him since he was handsome and rich)

I quietly walked into my dad's room, he was just sitting on his armchair deep in thought.

"Dad, you don't want me to get married?" I asked walking close to him.

He seemed to regain himself and said "what do you mean?

"You didn't look happy that I was getting married or the fact that I introduced my fiancée to you dad.

"Not that, just that I am having mixed feelings, my baby girl getting married and so, how long have you guys dated?

"Two months.

"Two months? And you think it's enough reason to get married? Avery and also this man in question have been married twice; don't you think something is wrong?

The fact that my dad gave me the truth plain and pump was the deal but I had no choice but to act to the script

"Dad, that was his past, actually Sarvey is a nice person and he loves me a lot, dad you can't just judge him just by that the most important thing is that I am happy and you should be happy for me too "I said making a puppy face.

"But what's with the sudden marriage arrangement? Are you pregnant?"My mom said from the door, no one knew how long she had been standing there.

"It seems that your dad don't like me"Sarvey said as we returned back the next day.

"Who doesn't" I retorted "will you blame him? You may look like an angel but a devil.

He chuckled "Ai, are now to calling of names anyways, I think your mom, sister and cousin loved me, I worked my handsome magic on them

I rolled my eyes and looked at my phone I had received a message from Tia reminding me of my schedule for the day.

One hour later I was in a meeting with some of ,my authors and publishers from Avery n Co.

"we have a new winner from the recently concluded writing contest; Marlene Farsh" one of my workers said giving me a file to read.

"Her book "tears on thought" was actually mind blowing and we have decided to publish it as per term the reward.

Me glancing through the file "it's a good thing and am impressed at least we are able to catch them young and I am really going to mentor her I can see another upcoming young writer coming up.

Few minutes later the meeting had ended and then Tia walked in with my office secretary with some members of the literary society, I had welcomed them warmly.

"Miss Sinclaire on a normal day we should have sent an invitation but in this case we decided to come here ourselves" the only woman in the midst of two men said looking at me primly.

,meanwhile me on the other hand was happy but I didn't show it , it was a great thing that members of the literary society infact the top executives could ever visit me any visit from them technically means something good probably the most sought after award that every writer desires "The Parct Award".

I was beaming and smiling sheeplishly when I heard "We are here to announce you that you have been nominated for the "the Parct Award with "THE WEEPING WILLOW" and also the "New book on the block award "CHOICES".

My mouth dropped open Choices one of my books that didn't even sell past 10 copies.

"Well I am very grateful for the nomination and I promise if I ever win this award I will donate a hefty cause to the society.

They all smiled and nodded, then I signaled for my secretary to get them some refreshments, I was beyond overjoyed that I had called Lizzy and told her she was excited.

The next week that followed was ecstatic I was one on the other hand planning a wedding and at the same time managing my career since I have been on the spotlight I have been having gigs , photoshoots,interviews and talkshows and charitry functions my schedule was packed that I barely had time for myself.

Sarvey's cousin who had the bridal house that we had earlier modeled for was in charge of the wedding event planning and stuff.

I have never been married before so the decision of choosing a wedding color and stuff was foreign to me, although my mom had offered to help me with the arrangements, my husband to be on the other hand was just not bothered, it was kinda busking though he had been married twice so no need for the excitement me, this was my first time.

As I was getting ready for the wedding I could not help but have a dreadful feeling about the next blood moon meeting coming up in the next month.

Lizzy had paid an all exclusive bridal trip for just ourselves although my sister and cousin were part of the bridal party I decided to bring them along. My sister had been talking non-stop about the trip.

We were relaxing on the beach sipping cool juice, I was seated with Elizabeth while some of the bodyguards were around but kinda hidden, my cousin and sister were busy splashing away at the ocean.e

"I went to see my parents" Lizzy said.

"Okay, how are they doing?" I asked sipping my juice.

"Well everybody is doing great only that some of my siblings are inching to come and live with me.

"That's should not be a problem, simply tell them that the company don't want you staying with family , at least you provide all they did what do they need to come live with you for?

Lizzy nooded her head "That house is scary, am afraid of sleeping alone in that big house all alone aside from the security; why do you think I go on tours all the time, Avery I am tired sometimes I have to take drugs with my heart in my mouth scared of who next in my family the ORDER is going to ask me to sacrifice, the money was for my family, what's the essence of the money if all my family is wiped out.

I looked around to check if anybody was listening in on our conversation "Lizzy, the walls have ears.

She slurped her juice said nothing .

I feel for her infact I felt for us, where was this ever going to end.

"OOOOh My GOD!" a woman screamed and me and Lizzy jerked up fast, me my heart in my mouth afraid that something might have happened to my younger ones.

"OOO MYY GOOD! Its you Lizzy, am your number one fan" the woman said smiling by then the bodyguards had already started motioning her to leave ; but Lizzy smiled and offered to give the woman an autograph, me on the other hand was glaring at the woman for screaming that loud all in the name of wanting to collect an autograph.

ELIZABETH.

After the discussion that I had with Avery, I kinda felt relieved and went up to my room, I had a nagging migraine, there was a drug in my bag, called "poafine" someone gave it to me that it will help me sleep at night and reduce the headache, I popped two pills on my hand swallowed and drank water and snuggled up in my beds, I didn't take any member of my staff, I wanted to rest, picking up my phone I had so many missed calls from my P.A Kim and called her back, slowly I started feeling sleepy then decided to sleep off.

One hour later, I woke up feeling relived and weightless as if I had no worries in this worse, a little happy I remembered the drug I had taken and trust me the results was amazing. I was feeling horny and worse I forgot my vibrator at home, draping a shirt on my shoulder I went out to search for a sex prey.