Chapter 37: "Visitors"

3 months later...

We have been living in such peaceful moments.

Michael and I got to make chocolate bars from cocoa beans and cane sugar. And we got to build a small cabin by the beach whenever we wanna chill outside during a relaxing sunny day.

It's been a huge relief for us for being back home after an entire month of traveling through the other side of the island. We don't know if there's more, but we could keep that in mind that this place is what we deserved. Absolute peace.

One morning, Michael and I are taking a nice shower at the waterfall. With the new mirror we brought, we placed a piece of it by the side of the wall of the waterfall, and it's perfect for brushing our teeth and brushing our hair.

We've been so confident with the huge improvements.

After that lovely shower, we decided to play a game around the jungle.

Michael thought of hide and seek, his favorite game.

So I told him that this time I hide and he counts to 10 and look for me.
As he begins to count, I ran towards the tallest tree and hide.

Michael finished counting, and the game begins.

It took him like 10 to 15 minutes to find me, so I got too tired of waiting and decided to take a quick nap on the tree.

But then...

-BOO!- He did a jumpscare at me.

I jumped, and screamed.

-Michael! You scared me!-

-Haha! I found you! Were you sleeping?-

-Yes. I got bored.-

-Oh... I'm sorry. Want me to lay down next to you for a while?-

-Sure.-

-Great! I brought bananas if you like.-

-No thanks. I prefer to relax for a bit. That shower was wonderful.-

-Yeah... it really was. That new soap we made was really good. I can still smell it through my skin.-

-Let me see *grab his arm and sniff it* Mmm... you smell so good. Can I lay on your chest?-

-Sure. I'm heating up so you can stay warm for the rest of the day.-

-Awww how sweet.-

As I laid down on his chest, I could hear his heartbeat.

He starts to sing while I'm resting on him. He chose "Beautiful Girl".

-"I'm in love... with the beautiful... girl..."- He sings the lyrics of his song. It's an unreleased song and it's beautiful.

His song is so... beautiful, because he really is in love with the beautiful girl.

He finishes the song, and we rest together on top of the tree. While resting, we hear the birds chirping, the wind blowing, and the ocean waves flowing.

It's absolute peace.

Almost 2 hours later, Michael wakes up, but very strangely.

-Michael... what is it? Is there something wrong?- I woke up because he moved me away from his chest.

-I smell something funny... it smells like...- He looks serious.

-Like what?-

-Smoke...-

-Smoke? Is there something burning?-

-No... it comes from... the beach...-

-What? The beach? But... how?-