Chapter 39: "Dinner With Guests"

Several hours later, I wake up with a bad headache, and then, when I stand up, I saw Michael standing in front of the window. It seems like he didn't rest at all.

I immediately got out of the nest bed, and approached to him, feeling awfully nervous about his strange behavior earlier today.

-Michael... hey, uh... I'm sorry for what happened earlier...-

-No honey... I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have acted so immature. I shouldn't have been acting like a fool. And I'm sorry for making you feel bad earlier today. I... I wasn't thinking enough. I was angry, and now I admit that what I did was wrong...- He responded, being serious.

-I... I understand...-

He turns around, and looks at me, with tears down his eyes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

He turns around, and looks at me, with tears down his eyes.

-Mary... go without me. But please, do what I said earlier: no matter how nice they are, be aware of how they are. I don't want you to end up like me.-

-Alright, Mike. I'll be careful. I promise. But hey, they're coming to dinner. Aren't we supposed to prepare something for them?-

-No... I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood to cook. Just find something that you can prepare. I'm sure you'll find something. But for now, I'm not feeling like myself at this moment, I feel so terrible, that I acted like a monster today...-

-Oh... I understand... I guess I'll see what I could do-

When I left the room, I gave one more look at Michael, still standing in front of the window.

As I left, Michael drops more tears down his sad little eyes. He felt ashamed of himself for being an asshole.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

2 hours later, it's dinner time!

The couple return to the front of the cave, ready for dinner.

I got my chance to prepare something special tonight. I prepared some delicious cooked up fish, with oysters, squid, mashed potatoes, and for dessert, chocolate puddin and bananas with honey and peanut drops.