SIX

Would totally appreciate it if y'all could comment something more productive than just 'update' thanks

Trinity

'I ain't get no sleep 'cus of yall! Yall not gon' get no sleep 'cus of me!'

"Oh my god!" I yelled out

I reached for my phone that was sitting on my night stand and swiped it to turn my alarm off. Why did I even set my alarm to that?

I remained laying on my stomach adjusting my eyes as I looked out the window. I kissed my teeth throwing the covers over my head.

There was a knock at my door "Trin, I hope you're up." My father came in and walked over to my bed side

I moved the covers from out of my face and saw him buttoning up his white shirt.

"Oh good, you're already up. I need your help."

I sighed and threw the covers off of me sitting up with my feet hanging off of the bed. I looked up at him and yawned obnoxiously. Ten more minutes would've been good.

My fathers eyes grew wide as he put his hands over my face and pushed me back on the bed.

I propped myself on my elbows and watched him as he covered his nose "You could help me with my tie after you brush your teeth." He said quickly walking out of my room

I kissed my teeth and got out of my bed heading straight to the bathroom.
'''

I sighed as I walked up to the schools front entrance. I hate it here already. As soon as I entered the school, the security guards by the front desk greeted me. I forced a smile and nodded walking pass them.

I was about to head up the stairs to my locker, but I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw Mr. Johnson, my math teacher that picks on Michael and I all the time waiting for the elevator. I hate his guts but just this once, I gotta butter him up.

I spun on my heels and cleared my throat walking quickly over to him "Mr. Johnson! Good morning to you."

[Waits for someone to comment 'the birds are chirping']

He looked at me through his thick circular glasses pushing them up as they were hanging on the bridge of his nose.

"Ah, Ms. James never seen you this cheery in the morning. Ever." He continued pressing the elevator button

"Only because I see my favorite intelligent teacher ever." I replied with a toothy grin

He sighed as he continued pressing the button "What do you want Ms. James?"

"Nothing at all sir. What makes you think I want something."

He looked at me with a straight face. Damn, for an old middle aged black man he got so much attitude.

I sighed "Just a ride in the elevator Mr. Johnson, that's all I'm asking." I said looking at him

The elevator door then opened and he motioned his head to go in the elevator. I sighed in relief and basically ran in there. I just didn't have the energy to climb up those steps this early in the morning.

"Thanks, I owe you one." I said as the door closed

Students weren't allowed in the elevator without a pass or teacher.

"To repay me back, I advise you to get some help in math. Maybe a little tutoring." He clicked the 4 button

"What!" I exclaimed

"Christopher could help you, since he's in your little clique with Michael and Kaelyn, correct?"

I stiffled a laugh. Kaelyn Huh?