FORTY-ONE

Hey besties. I know I said I was going to update right after the previous chapter, but I'm going through some things right now. I plan on incorporating what I'm going through in my Lil Yachty fanfic so be on the lookout for that one. I plan on writing that after I'm done with this book, which I believe is no time soon.

Recap 

People were slowly leaving the venue as Chris watched every single person who walked out the door. He then spotted Trinity's purple crewneck sweater and grew anxious.

"It'll be cool one day if we can collab—"

"Hold on bro, I have to do something real quick," Chris said interrupting his peer as he watched Trinity leaving the venue.

"No problem, I'll be here."

But Chris already ran off after her before the boy could even finish his sentence. He saw the perfect time to finally tell Trinity how he felt. He wasn't going to let anyone or anything interrupt him this time. This was long over due he thought.

There were a few people lingering outside of the venue. He swiftly maneuvered himself throughout the crowd and caught up with her.

"Trinity, I need to talk to you real quick!" He said grabbing her arm before she could get any further.

Pow!
Tires screeched, people screamed, and a lifeless body dropped on the cold pavement.

Omniscient

Sunday, January 24, 2016, 2:12am

Three hours after the mixtape listening party

Trinity came back with her father and sat in their previous seats. Her face stained with dry tears and blood. She sat there staring at the white wall ahead of her, in a daze. The waiting room was filled with silent crying and distinct sounds of hospital machinery and beeping. It was driving her crazy.  

"Stay with me, stay with me, okay? Help! Someone, call an ambulance!" She yelled the loudest she could.

Trinity didn't know what to do. She was in a state of shock and panic. It seemed like the world was moving in slow motion and it was only them two in the world. 

The dim street light shined over them as cars drove past them oblivious to what was going on over on the sidewalk. 

"You're going to be okay, alright?" She said to him holding his cold face in the palm of her hands. "Where is the ambulance?!" She yelled out again moving her hair out of her way as the sweat caused it to cling to her face. 

Tears cascaded down her face as she put her head on his chest, listening for a heart beat. Listening for a sign that he's still alive. Everyone who was loitering in front of the venue vanished for safety leaving Trinity all by herself. 

Her friends then quickly rushed out and ran to her side, and from there on, everything was a blur. 

"Any updates?" Kae's father asked sitting in between his daughter and wife, resting his arms around them both.

"No, but he was breathing." His wife responded tiredly.

A doctor then entered the waiting room as everyone head shot up anxiously. They were all disappointed as the doctor walked past to speak to a middle aged woman who sat in the corner of the room. 

"I can't take this anymore, my poor baby." Chris' mother mumbled pulling her younger daughter closer to her. 

She tried to be strong for her daughter, but it was an impossible task. Her eldest son is currently fighting for his life right now. She couldn't believe this was happening. Chris is such a smart and well-behaved boy, how could this have happened? Why did this happen?