FORTY-NINE

Recap

Trinity's eyes never left her mother as she walked around examining every single picture in the house, which she wasn't in any of them. Most of the framed pictures consist of Trinity and Jasmine. She probably doesn't even know what happened to Jasmine, Trinity thought as Maxine picked up a picture of the two.

"So, why are you here again?" Trinity asked with her hands folded across her chest.

"Babe," Chris said catching Trinity's attention.

Trinity cut her eyes at him, "What Chris? You don't understand, I haven't seen or heard from this lady since she emptied out my father's pockets." She gave her mother a hard stare, "We don't have any more money for you to take, so you can go back to where ever the hell you came from." Trinity got up and stormed over to the front door, opening it widely.

China got up from her seat and walked over to Trinity, closing the front door. "Trinity, relax and hear your mother out for a moment, maybe she had a change of heart. She seems cool."

Maxine took her hazel eyes off of her daughter, looking right at Chris, "Did I hear you call her babe, are you her boyfriend?"

"Yes, ma'am," Chris answered nodding his head with a small smile.

Maxine's face lit up, "I've never met any of Trinity's boyfriends, this is exciting!"

Trinity stared at everyone as their undivided attention is fixated on her mother. They just don't understand, and it irritated her. She's manipulating each and every one of them to get them on her side, then she's going to to take advantage of them somehow and then disappear. That's how it always goes.

Omniscient

February 10, 4:59pm

"Daddy, I really don't want her living with us." Trinity sighed pushing the shopping cart, trailing behind her father.

Trinity felt like she hasn't spent enough one on one time with her father, so she tagged along with him to a ride to Walmart to buy some necessities. Also, she didn't want to be home alone with that witch. She couldn't even bear to look at her for too long or even be in the same room as her.

"Trinity, I know you're frustrated, but at the end of the day, she's still your mother no matter what she did or how you feel," Tristian responded after some moments not really wanting to talk about this current topic. 

Trinity rolled her eyes and continued pushing the shopping cart not saying anything. Sometimes she wonders if her father still has feelings for her, she hopes and prays he doesn't. Her mother is the wickedest person ever, and she doesn't deserve her father's love again. 

Like all daughters, Trinity wants the best for her father. He didn't deserve the shitty way Maxine treated him. She knows how much her father loved her mother, bipolar or not, what Maxine did to her father was terrible and unacceptable. 

Not only did she steal all of his hard earned money, Trinity has a gut feeling she took that money for infidelity reasons. To make matters worse, they're still married! Just thinking about it made her blood boil.

"You know," Tristian started, "Your friends seem really worried about you." He said over his shoulder as they entered the aisle with cleaning products.

Trinity immediately brought the cart to a halt, staring at her father with her hands on her hips. "When did you speak to my friends, and why?"

He sighed looking at her, "Aside from Jasmine, you never really had friends that had your back and truly cared for you. Back in California when you'd always bring your little friends home from school they didn't seem as genuine as China, Michael, Kae and especially Chris. This group of people that you have now truly care about you, Stink."