FOURTY-SIX

Wattpad is fucking up idk what's happening.

What's Really Hood got 200k reads! Thank you guys, it means sooo much to me! Sorry for neglecting this book but we're back in business.

I'm skipping Kae's funeral because I don't like to write them.

Also, do you guys actually want a sequel? I don't want to write a whole sequel for no reason because I lowkey have 3 books in the process of being written and I'd rather continue those tbh lmao.

Omniscient

The school halls were quieter than usual. Students kept to themselves while traveling to their next destination. The sight is unusual considering the bad reputation the school has. Seeing the halls so quiet first thing on a Monday morning is very rare. Usually, the halls are buzzing with students talking about how their Saturday went.

Instead, they spoke in hushed tones about the funeral that took place over the weekend.

Students parted ways to let China, Michael, Trinity, and Chris walk together in silence throughout the hallway as they made their way to their first-period class.

It's been almost a week since Kae's death, and things are very different. Usually, when the squad walks into the building, they'd be so loud that teachers inside of classrooms would shush them for interrupting their lesson.

They drew attention to themselves without even realizing it.

Kae being the loudest and vibrant would stand out the most out of the group. Although she's small, she does have quite the volume on her and a lot of energy in the morning.

People whispered and stared as they walked past, making Michael extremely annoyed.

"Fuck Y'all looking at?" Michael yelled.

And like that, the hallways went back to its regular self. Buzzing with students, sounds of lockers being slammed, and the principal making announcements over the loudspeaker.

"I'll see Y'all next period," China said as they approached her classroom.

They all nodded and Michael pulled her into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around her waist.

He kissed her forehead, "I love you." He said mumbling. "Text me if you need anything."

China locked eyes with Trinity as Trinity gave her a stern look. "I love you too," China responded breaking the eye contact.

It wasn't a lie. China loves Michael with all her heart, probably more than she loves herself.

Trinity rolled her eyes and walked away. She felt bad for Michael, but most of all guilty. She contemplated whether she should stay out of it or at least give Michael a heads up.

"Micheal wouldn't do the same for me if Chris cheated." She mumbled to herself.

So she shrugged it off walking to her math class.

"Later Chi," Chris said following Trinity. "Baby, wait up." He called out after Trinity.

Trinity ignored him and continued to her math class, picking up her pace. Hearing Chris struggle with his crutches as he tried to catch up to her made her smirk as she walked into the classroom.

Considering there's almost five more minutes before the first bell ring, the classroom was empty. She walked to her original seat where Michael sat next to her and took out her math binder.