THIRTY-NINE

Pay attention.

Trinity

Friday, January 22, 2016
The day before the mixtape listening party

"I look cute with your clothes on, don't you think?" I asked him posing in front of his dresser mirror.

I picked up my phone up that was sitting next to my keys and swiped right, revealing the camera. I took several pictures since the lighting in his room is just wonderful. I felt his presence behind me, as he snaked his hands around my waist. I looked at him through the mirror and smiled.

He smiled back, leaving a sweet kiss on my neck, "You look good without even trying." He mumbled taking my phone and snapping a picture of the both of us.

I turned around facing him as he set my phone down on the dresser, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He swiftly lifts me up, setting me on the dresser while knocking some of his cologne off in the process. He stepped in between my legs, crashing his lips into mine. His hands made his way from my waist up to my face, cupping my cheeks, pulling me in closer.

I wrapped my legs around his waist as he picked me up from off the dresser carrying me. Not once have we broke the kiss. He walked over to his bed and sat, with his arms still around my waist and my legs around his.

"As much as I want to take you right here, right now, Michael and 'em are on their way with your car so we can go to the mall." He said in between kisses.

I groaned getting off him, looking at the time on the cable box. It was going on twelve in the afternoon. "Why'd you do that to me," I chuckled getting up and walking back over to the dresser.

I slipped my phone and keys in what used to be Chris' sweatpants pockets and started fixing my hair in the mirror.

"I'll make it up to you sexy." He said smiling getting his things together.

"Do you know what you're wearing for the party?" I asked following him out of his bedroom and down the staircase.

Fortunate for us, Chris' mother and Mia went to go visit his aunt so they weren't here last night. I believed he mentioned they're coming back later this afternoon or something. 

"I don't know, I was hoping you'd help me pick out a little something." He said smiling as he sat down on the couch.

"The few times I've been to Queens Center Mall, I've come to a realization that they don't have a variety of stores there for you to choose from with an exception of True Religion and maybe H&M," I said looking out of the window. "Was that car always there?"

"I really love hearing you speak."

I turned around looking at him with my eyebrows furrowed "Excuse me?" I said being caught off guard, "Your attitude said otherwise the day I met you." I walked over to him and sat on his lap.

"Because I'm from the hood ma. The only time I hear someone speak as proper as you, are when white folks come around the neighborhood tryna gentrify shit. Plus, you're a young, black female. I wasn't used to it but now that I am, I find that shit sexy." He said squeezing my thighs "You're like my little boss lady."

"Chris." I cooed "You're so sweet." I grabbed him by the face and started kissing him all over his face. 

He started laughing but his face then got serious. 

"What's wrong?" 

"How do you know something's wrong?" He asked looking at me. 

"Your face told me so."