VII

Jungwon

(Finally!!)

I laid on my bed, also known as rocks inside a cave covered with some weeds to make a soft mattress, with the biggest smile on my face. I touched my face and it's burning hot.

"Something great happens? . . what is it your majesty?"

I jumped into the waters as I scoop my friend and swirl around like an idiot.

Oh by the way, one friend I have is this little crab, his name is Maeum. I had him since I was a baby and he's been with me since. I also have a turtle friend but because he moves so slow, he always stays inside my cave and slowly come out if he wants to. His name is Eumi.

"Guess what, the island have some visitors and I'm actually seeing what you tell me before. Didn't you say that humans look like me but they have different halves in their body? Well you also told me they look absolutely beautiful. . I just saw a human"

"Huh? Your majesty, everyone on that island is human. You see those creatures with two legs? They're all humans. You always see them"

"Eh? I though they're not humans. You tell me they look beautiful, none of them look beautiful.. ."

I'm confused. So all this time, I've been looking for a human when in fact I'm always seeing them beside the sea? And here I thought I just saw one for the first time.

"Your majesty, I'm sorry to make your day sour. . . . but hey is that human really gorgeous?"

My smile immediately was back on my face as I recalled how that human looked a while ago. I think he's a boy, because from what Maeum described, boy humans most of the time have short hair like me and they have something on their neck like me, something called apple.

"Well, he looks very nice. His eyes look scary tho as he glared towards my direction. Oh and his jawline? . . it is pretty .  .but unlike me, his is more visible and how do you call that? . . . uhm sharp. .  yes that's it. . . and his hair is not colored like mine.  I don't know what you call that tho but it's colored like the sand beside the sea. . . his nose is also sharp.  .  . he looks so strong. . . and brave. . "

I didnt realize I am babbling and to the point where Eumi already joined us, it seemed to me that I have been speaking for a very long time.

"His Majesty is blushing . . . "

They teased me and I believe I'm redder than before.

"Mom, Dad, is this love?"

No . . it can't be. How is it possible? I mean, he's human and I'm half human. I'm a merman. How can I love him when he's also a man? Isn't that illegal?

I then swam back to my cave and laid on the rocks I considered my bed and I'm about to fall asleep when I saw the skies, they're filled with stars tonight. They look beautiful and the moon seems to be smiling.

I closed my eyes and my voice just came out and before I knew it, I am singing the song I was taught by my mom. She will sing that song to me and my older brother before bed and we love it. My brother will also sing it but his is gibberish which is so cute but he also sings very well, he has our mom's voice and I sounded unlike them. But they always say my voice is great.

(Just Imagine Jungwon's voice singing..  Can you? It might be hard but you can.😅)