XII

Jay

My head hurts and my vision is blurry. Goodness me, what happened? Did I die in the middle of the sea when the water danced like crazy? Wait, I'm alive, I'm still on the boat and I'm currently laying down on a hard surface with a comfortable pillow.

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Jungwon looking at me.

"Jay, are you fine now?"

I immediately sat up upon realizing I just took a nap on his lap before looking around only to be shocked when I realized we're on the shore already. How on earth did we got here?

"Jay? . ."

I look back at him and nodded.

"We're here . . I see my driver. Come on, let's go"

I grab my bag before fisting out my phone and answering my dad's call.

"Dad, I'm on my way"

I grab him on his wrist as we walk towards the waiting car. He sat down beside me as he look around like a lost kid. He literally has no idea what is going on as the moment the driver started the engine, he jumped onto me as he held onto me as if his life depends on this.

"It's fine you're safe . . have you not seen a car before?"

He just shook his head.

"I think he's just some car issues. My son also can't ride cars without someone carrying him. ."

"I see, but your son is five years old. ..so I understand that"

"Yeah . . but sir, your friend might still have that fear. ."

Indeed, he's so right as the moment the car started moving, Jungwon literally just straddled me and buried his face on the side on my neck. I pressed the button making the thin wall between the driver and the backseat appear. I can't afford our driver seeing me in this position.

"It's alright . ."

I stroke his head as my other hand rubs his back. I can't believe he's actually shaking right now. I mean, I can understand it's his first time here on land.

"Will I be safe?"

His voice is so small that it is cute to me ----

"You will be . . ."

He slowly detached himself from me and weirdly enough, I felt some lost of warmth. He sat beside me instead and he's almost close to tears.

"What makes you feel less scared?"

He is actually crying.

Alright, another set of pearls for me.

He went back to sitting on my lap and he let his tears out. Great, what color is it? I hope it's not black. I have enough of black. I want gold pearls. I just have like five pieces of those.

"I'm not scared this way . ."

I look down and saw a blue pearl. Great, another set of blue pearls and now I manage to calm him down. I just have to not be suspicious. But it somehow affects me that he's shaking in fear and he's crying.

In the middle of the ride, Jungwon fell asleep and believe me when I say that I enjoy--- he's heavy.

We reached our house just in time for lunch and I know my dad will be here this time as he told me on the phone. I tapped Jungwon's cheek to wake him up but he's too tired to even move. If I'm my usual self, I would have shaken the shit out of him to wake up but I'm not normal right now because I'm tired so I just carried him into the house. I mean, I will sleep too.