XI

Jungwon

This orange stuff is so good. I didnt even know what it is called but the way Jay is looking at me as he ate those round stuff he cooked told me that this orange stuff is not supposed to be eaten like this. How then? Are they suppose to be turned to small cubes. Nevermind, I finished it anyway.

After breakfast, Jay asked me to take a bath which is confusing the moment I entered the shower as they say. I went under the flowing water as I look around.

"Your highness"

What?

I look around and my eyes landed on the floor before I squealed and picked up Maeum. How did he get here? And what is he doing here?

"Hey . . oh good thing you're here . . I'm scared you could be hurt. . where is Eumi?"

I'm afraid they might be the one those merpeople saw instead of me. They could hurt them when they didn't find me.

"I'm sorry, he didn't manage to come with me as his shell is . . you know what I mean, he's outside. . by the way, what are you doing here? With a human?"

"Well I ended up here after escaping the sea. . he helped me, feed me and allowed me to stay here. . he's really nice to me. . "

I mean, it could be a coincidence but Jay, even if he's rude at first, he turned out to be nice and even if he don't smile a true smile, he hasn't hurt me intentionally.

"Does he know you're a mermaid? Or your tears are pearls?"

"I'm not sure. . he don't know I'm a mermaid and he knows about my tears. . he values them so much and I'm happy that I am able to pay him back . ."

I'm still not over the fact that he values my tears that much. It's fine tho, if he treasures them then take it as my payback for him taking care of me in this land.

"Young prince, he could be fooling you . . he could be a bad person . . let's leave . ."

"No . . I can't risk being seen in the sea . . and he's the only person I know and I can trust . I will do anything to survive Maeum. . and I don't care if this human is bad, he didn't hurt me so he's not bad right?"

"But let me assist you so he will not suspect you're a mermaid . . let me help you, ."

"What about Eumi?"

He could be alone and scared.

"Take him too and tell the human that you found a pet, that's what we're called here"

I nodded before I place him on floor again.

"Uhm he asked me to take a bath . ."

"Oh that . . wait, you can't take a bath with your clothes on your highness . ."

Oh?

With that I removed my clothes and I notice something unfamiliar between my legs. I mean, this is my first time to be using this legs and I didn't know humans have this between their legs, it looks weird and feels weird.

"What's this thing?"

"I suggest you won't touch that your highness . . just leave it be . .it is used to pee. . and yeah, just wash"

Ok . . .

After doing so, with Maeum's instructions on the soap, shampoo and other stuff, I finished taking the bath but then my clothes were on the floor and they're soaking wet. Can I still wear them?