XL

Jay

It is a one fine day and in this fine random day, I am walking inside the office of my dad with my heart almost jumping out my chest because of how nervous I am on any news that my dad is about to disclose.

Jungwon is currently with his new pet dog he named after his two friends before he even met us. Maeumi, the puppy is living the best life he could ever imagine, in my opinion that is. I mean he got to cuddle with Jungwon with just a soft whine and a pout from his cute face and Jungwon can leave my side to go to him. I don't want to dislike that dog but I think sometimes, he's doing it on purpose, he's making me jealous on purpose. It is as if he understood that I want Jungwon for myself.

Anyway, I entered the office and to my surprise, I also saw Sunghoon inside as he spoke with my dad.

"Uhm, may I come in?"

"Ah Jay, come in. . . you're just in time. Sunghoon, excuse us for a minute"

Sunghoon bowed before he exits the office and I sat to where he previously was. What's going on?

"So . . I know you have a lot to ask . . come on ask me"

"Ok . . uhm, when you first found me and offered me help, why?"

A sad smile formed his lips as he sighed.

"Ah, that day, I'm so desperate. . let me tell you a little bit of my story. . . so I am a businessman who was obsessed with money but I couldn't be able to make a lot because JS Fashion's is taking over. . I was too focused on my job that I am making the biggest regret of my life. I actually had a son back then . . his name is also Jay. He was in the hospital due to his illness and the next moment, the doctors called saying that they lost him . . I got mad to the universe . . . after I buried him I vowed to never be the same man again. . and then I saw you. Brave, tough, independent and smart, just like the opposite of Jay. I hate to admit it but, I'm like Sooho on the part where I saw you as an investment just like how Sooho treated Sunghoon before . . . so the reason I took you in in the first place is because I saw you as a good investment to me"

I don't understand what I am feeling right now. I don't know what to feel now to be honest because all these years of me under my dad's supervision is quite nice and I admit, I liked how I lived back then. The luxury of food, school, and knowledge.

"I'm sorry. . "

"Uhm. . ok . . so am I still an investment now?"

"No, as time flies, I grew fond of you just like how a father is to his son. . . and the moment I began to see you as my son, I regret everything I did to you in the past. . . "

"why? I became amazing. . "

"Yeah you did but. . . I didnt like how I raised you to be an investment. Because of that, you grew up with nothing in your mind but to grow more money . . money and money alone . . I regret it so much. I could've just took you in, teach you the ways of a good man . . but I myself don't know how to be a good man because I only look for money. . I lost my own son. . "

"You tried Dad. . and you taught me the way you thought was right. . . I don't blame you fully tho. . . if only I saw past the luxury and see more than just what you taught me, things could've been different. . . but still, if I wasn't the person I was back then, then all these good things happening won't be happening . . although I have regrets but someone told me it is not too late to change things or to do good things to others. . I am holding onto that . . "

A smile then was placed on his lips as he let out a sigh of relief.

"But, why did you try to hide the truth from me?"