XIV

Jay

Jungwon was looking around the office as he talks to himself about the things around him. He goes like "oh this is the couch" . . "ah that thing is the computer". He will point at things and spoke to himself about it before breaking out into a big smile like he did a good job. He's more interesting to watch than this email actually.

But the vibration on my phone pulled me out of my thrance as I answered it.

"Yes?"

"Good morning Jay Park. I'm Park Sunghoon from JS Fashions. Do you have a minute?"

This is the company my dad has been talking about that we will just ignore even if they're our toughest competitor. Now why is he calling me.

"Yes I have a minute. What is it?"

"I know it is not business related or something but can we meet?"

"About that, no. You just said it is not business related. I don't have time"

"Please. . "

"Don't waste my time"

"I- - I won't"

From the sound of his tone, I am sure he is about to waste my time.

I grabbed my jacket before heading towards the door but before I could even open the door, Jungwon held my wrist.

"Are you going anywhere?"

"I won't take long. . . stay here, sleep or watch some TV ok?"

He smiled before taking the remote and the TV came to life.

"Come back soon? I promise to not go anywhere"

I nodded before I exit the office.

I reached the cafe Sunghoon told me and indeed, he's here, dressed comfortably. Seriously, does he know how to dress himself? I mean his father owns a famous and successful fashion company and he dressed like this.

"What do you want?"

He sat up straight before speaking.

"How is Jake doing?"

"So you called me in my work hours to ask about your boyfriend? . . he's fine. . I'll be going now"

"Wait!. . . I need your help. ."

"My service is not free"

"I'm gonna be honest with you, my dad wanted me to enter an arranged marriage"

"What does have to do to me?"

"His company is falling down because of your father. . . and he plans to merge with one of the entertainment company in the country"

"JS Fashion seems to be doing well"

"That's fake news. . he's falling down and he plans to give me the position soon but I have to marry that girl first"

"so where am I in the equation?"

"Buy some stocks. ."

"I'm not interested in falling business. He can just sold his company to me"

"No . . my dad won't do that. He said he has been protecting the company after his older brother's passing but. . . he's falling and he's desperate to save it"