XXVII

Mr. Park (Jay's dad)

When Jay left the office, I immediately ran and locked the door as my hands kept trembling. I carefully reached into my own safe box and pulled out the envelope Hena gave him years ago.

Yes, I have had it. I took it from his safe when I told him he will go look for pearls. I am not really interested in pearls but I just did that for him to be away for a while. I always knew his secret in life as I already read the letter the first night he spent in my house but I never dared to tell him.

Why? Because I'm scared.

So instead of him finding out, I decided to hide it from him. I actually thought he will read it on his 18th birthday so I take him abroad for that. It seems like it worked as he never mentioned the letter again. Well not until his trip to the supposedly pearl project have I done my own investigation.

However, I found nothing that can lead me to the authenticity of the letter so I gave up and just hide the letter. But then, Lee Heeseung, Park Sunghoon and Park Sooho happens.

Even without the letter, he managed to dig up informations I couldn't even imagine existed. He managed to get closer to his identity. He only needs the letter for the final pieces of the puzzle to be completed and I cannot give it to him.

I'm happy for what he is becoming after Jungwon came into his life. And it will only take the complete pieces of the puzzle for him to get back to the monster I made him be.

It is my fault he grew up that way because I myself is also like a maniac when it comes to money but when I saw how toxic that trait is, it is too late as Jay already adapted to it.

Hena did her best till her last breath to teach Jay the good ways and I waltz in and contradict everything making Jay someone even I am afraid of. I basically ruined his heart and innocence when I made him fire a gun at 11. I filled his heart with evil things and now, I am too late to even fix him.

Jungwon came and just like an angel sent managed to tame him down. I know Jay only used him for the tears at first but I have seen how immensely he changed after their short moments of being together.

I want it to stay that way, but what also scares me is Jungwon finding out about Jay's past ways. He might get scared of him and leave him and knowing Jay, he will be more scary.

Forgive me Hena, I won't let Jay see this.

I place the letter in the pocket of my suit and I plan to burn it tomorrow.

Jay

I am currently searching my whole wardrobe like a possessed person as I throw clothes everywhere hoping to see that one piece of envelope that houses the secrets of my life and the key to end the madness of one person.

I pulled my hair in frustration as I saw how messy my closet is and yet the letter is not in sight.

However, a smell of something burning hit my nose making me ran downstairs and into the kitchen where Jungwon stood beside the smoking stove that our maid is trying to put away.

I immediately ran to him as I checked his hand which has an ugly burn on.

I saw on the floor a mixture of blue and red pearls and it tells me he's in pain and he's scared. Before the maids will see it, I immediately stuffed the pearls in my pocket before I asksd one of the maids to hand me the first aid kit and to leave us alone for a while.

Once the smoke died down, I again made sure no sight of his tears are visible anywhere as I tend to his wounds.

"Are you alright?"