X

Jay

It is already 2 am and I still haven't found the cave Jungwon was talking about. That dude is so sus. His tears are pearls, his house is a cave and lastly, he's a mermaid? It kinda makes sense as he is totally unaware of the house. A normal person will not observe someone before using a spoon. He's clearly clueless of the table, the kitchen and even the rice.

I want to believe he's a mermaid but it is so hard to do so. However, something made me want to stick with him more. Mermaid or not, he literally has no idea how his tears are worth. I mean, he finds them with no value but those will make me a fortune.

He's clearly a nobody no one knows as the moment I tried to look for any information about him, I found nothing. I asked our private investigator for any information but it seems that Jungwon did not exist on Earth.

I continue to walk until I saw it, a cave and when I entered it, I immediately saw how trashed the place was. The cave has water inside and I have to swim to get there. I saw how the cave is trashed that if it were a house, it could be robbed.

I saw more pearls on the bottom of the cave. I saw more black pearls and a few more blue pearls. Could there be more? Can Jungwon tear up more colored pearls? Good thing I got my goggles with me.

Then I saw something, a golden pearl. I immediately grab it and indeed, it is a golden pearl. Now only the pink. I was about to swim deeper to search more when I saw what seem to be a hole in the wall and I dug it out, maybe there are more here.

But instead of pearls, a crab and a turtle crawled out the hole. They don't look small but they're not big either. They swam towards the surface making me do the same.

I look at my watch and I think it is time to go back to the house as Jungwon could be awake. You know there are people who wake up when even if it is an ungodly hour.

I took the pearls with me as I enter the house and to my relief, Jungwon is still asleep. Now how can I make sure I keep him to myself so I can maximize his tears? I just have to make him cry. Now the real question is, how do you make a mermaid cry?

Is he a real mermaid?

I went to the room he's in and notice how one of his leg is outside the blanket. I don't see any scales. Because I'm still soaked in sea water, water from my hair began to drip and touch his leg  and to my luck, his once smooth leg began to get scales. I mean, he's still part fish.

I immediately used the blanket and wiped the spot the water has dripped on and to my surprise, the scales were gone. I see, if his leg touches saltwater then his tails could appear but they will disappear when they got dried.

I can't believe I'm actually staring at a mermaid. It was not long ago when I believed they are not real. It's just weird to put a human's head on a fish with no head. It look creepy and weird but that's not how it works. Mermaids are indeed decent looking half human. I mean, Jungwon for sure can pass as a model with his looks I mean, apart from the Kim Sunoo guy, Jungwon is one hell of a pretty face. Should I sign him in the company?

No, I must not tell anyone about this treasure I now own. I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and while waiting, I began to search for information about mermaids and lots of articles say that they're mythical creatures and are often used as a character in movies.

I saw the drama series "Legend of the Blue Sea" where apparently a mermaid fell in love with a con artist who's also an heir and they're actually a reincarnation. That drama shows the mermaid tearing up pearls but unlike Jungwon, hers are pure white pearls.

I guess movies do have some realities in them.

He began to move until slowly he open his eyes and met mine. He was immediately startled as he suddenly landed his fist on my face and let me tell you, it hurts. My reflexes immediately kicked in making me give him a punch but he managed to dodge making us have a one on one combat in the middle of the room.