XXIII pt. 2

Jay

Heeseung could be Seungyun's son right? They look alike and have the same last name, he could be his father. He could know something so Sooho wants him dead.

But how will he know anything? He is like 22 and his father died 20 years ago. He could know nothing and yet he's being suspected to know something. He might not even have a memory with his father.

I went through interviews of other employees and list down some names that I think can help me. Apart from Seungyun, I know no one who can help me actually point out who is the living son of Sooho's brother and if he really killed his own brother. Also, I have to help Sunghoon somehow, his life could really be in danger. If Sooho killed his own brother, the one whom he shared the same blood, he can easily eliminate someone who doesn't even share the same flesh and blood with him.

He's that monster.

I wonder just how many lives were sacrificed just so he can keep living this life of hell.

It's been hours since I have heard from Heeseung. They shouldn't take that long to reach him. I mean, traveling there by a boat or a yacht can take like three hours and going back is another three hours. They should he here by morning.

I must know more in order to help Sunghoon and Heeseung for that matter. He could have some siblings or even his mother could still be alive.

I am about to stand up when I felt someone grab my arm.

"Where are you going?"

I forgot about Jungwon for a moment making me rethink of everything again. He couldn't and must not see me like this, a predator. Until I fix this and save Sunghoon and expose Sooho, I must not be seen in a bad light by Jungwon.

"I'm just gonna make a call. Go back to bed"

I must kept him distracted to not think of me. If he managed to contact me in the middle of my investigation and some of the backstabbers see him, I'm afraid he could be in danger. And him getting hurt is worse than death right now.

Although I know I work very clean without any trace, I know with a lot of variables in my investigation, people can suspect and assume things. They might even lead to Jungwon being used by my enemy.

The person that should be involved with me is my Dad and no one else, it must stay that way.

I am about to dial a number when my phone rang with an unregistered number displayed on the screen. Could this be Sunghoon?

"Yes?"

"Sir Jay hello! Oh I'm so sorry for calling at this time of the day because it is urgent! May I continue?"

It is Sunoo. I didn't expect him to call this hour.

"Sure. What is it?"

"About Jungwon. I would like to invite him for my birthday  . it is not crowded don't worry. It will be just me, him and Riki. Jake hyung is supposed to come too but he said you want to speak with him. Uhm, it is my first time to celebrate my birthday with people so I would really love for Jungwon to come"

How can he possibly be celebrating alone when he is this bubbly and friendly? It makes no sense. Is he that picky with his friends?

"What are your plans?"

"Nothing much, I would just treat them for a meal and then we'll go to a resort overnight then come back tomorrow"

"Won't he be a third wheel with you and Riki?"