XXII

(I want you to prepare yourself 😊)

Jungwon

It is already near evening and to say I am tired is not even close to what I'm feeling now. I still want to try more things but as I look at the sun, it is slowly going to set so I grabbed Jay hyung's hands as I point at the ferris wheel.

"Can we watch the sunset on the top?"

My heart skipped a beat when he smiled at me again as we walk towards the line and I noticed how there are couples going in too.

"It would be perfect if the sun sets when we're at the most top"

"I bet it would be so pretty"

The ferris wheel began to move and just like I saw in many movies, I look outside and I gasp as I saw how beautiful the sky looked from above.

"Thank you for bringing me here"

"It's nothing . . hey are you crying?"

"I'm sorry . . I'm so happy"

My tears continue to fall as I fell into his embrace. My heart is hammering in my chest and I know it is because of Jay hyung. I have seen this before, do I have feelings of love for him? Ever since I met him, I always want to be near him, to hold him, and to cling onto him. Is this love? Or just the feeling of dependency because he's the only human I know?

If it happens that he's not the human I first met, would I feel like this for them?

I heard my tears fall on the floor of the cable car and my eyes widen at the color that I accidentally pushed Jay hyung and picked the pearls on the floor.

They're pink.

"Carrots?"

Is this really love? Or are my tears fooling me?

I felt the car we're in stop and when I look up, the sunset greatly reflects towards Jay hyung's face making me gasp out loud at how handsome he looks. I turn my head towards the window and the sunset slowly disappears into the mountains and that sight is so beautiful. I may have seen multiple sunsets and sunrise at the seaside but this is the prettiest. Maybe because Jay hyung is with me.

We both are mesmerized by the view of the sun but then, it has to set and until the last bit of sunset left, we watched it till it's so dark. Sadly, we're going down but I'm still conflicted. Why are my tears pink?

Pink tears are only shed when the reason is the one you love. I saw this pearl color a lot in my parents. Only partners can cry this tear but now I'm crying pink tears. Am I really in love with him? Do I even know what that means?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice how we're moving up again. When it stopped, I felt a finger lift my chin and I came face to face with Jay hyung whose face is close to mine.

"Jay hyung? What is this I'm feeling?"

I cried as I am so confused and my mind is all over the place.

He pulled me off the floor and made me sit on the seats as we face the sky.

"What's the matter?"

"I don't know. . I never felt like this before and my heart is about to burst. . ."

I am in full panick mode.

"Relax . . come on calm down. breathe slowly"

I did as I was told and take in slow breathes and I felt my heart slowing down but the moment I look up, my eyes met his and he gave me a small smile.