XXXVI

Jay

His eyes are looking at me in question of what I just said and I know he's thinking that I might be crazy but if he plays dirty, don't expect me to be nice.

He dare threatens me to flood the city?

I know that mermaids have this ability to control the sea as they're like one with it and even their wars create huge deadly waves so a huge number of mermaids coming together can make a tsunami.

I just hope Jungwon is as powerful as Sunoo said because there is no way in hell will I be able to deal with a tsunami.

At this point, facing Sooho made me feel useless. What am I doing when there is a whole ass tsunami waiting to be thrown to the city? I overestimated Sooho and underestimated the mermaids and now I'm stuck.

I felt like a fool.

"Stop the mermaids . . . you won't benefit from it because even your company will be taken down. ."

"Heh! I don't care, I got to enjoy it while it lasted . . it's not my effort any way. . right Sunghoon? You lucky bastard. "

"It's actually unfortunate for Sunghoon to be stuck with you . . . it's nice to know you're not his father. I bet even your own real son won't be happy to know you're his father I mean . ."

His face reddened and Sunghoon looked at me cautiously.

Looks like I hit the bulls eye.

"How dare you!! My son would love to have me as a father . . !!"

"I doubt that . . your son would rather be a bastard than being your son. . that son of yours, he's a very unlucky fella"

"Lee Jongsuk ! Even in death you're haunting me!"

My eyes widen when he directed his words towards Sunghoon. Is he having a hallucination? He's seeing his dead brother?

"Because even the dead people are not in peace knowing that their murderer is out in the freedom"

Sunghoon spat back and it makes Sooho cower in fear. I never thought he has this side of him.

I let my guard down when a realization hit me.

What right do I have to get mad at him besides the fact that he nearly killed Jungwon and is always after my money? To be fair, he's just like me who only cares about money and power without thinking of others that it drove him crazy to do stuff like that.

I'm mad at him because he dares to use me and tried to harm people just to get me.

It just so happen that he grab the wrong child leaving me to experience all those hardships in life.

Maybe I'm his karma.

But Sunghoon, he's the one who's more rightful to be mad at him. Sunghoon could've grown up in a loving family with a loving father but he has to be stuck with Sooho because Sooho murdered his parents. Sooho robbed him off of the joy of family and the love of a family, of a father. Sooho killing Sunghoon's parents then treated him like an object growing up is torture.

To be fair, it is not I who should be pointing a gun towards him, it is Sunghoon. He's the one who's most affected of Sooho's wrongdoings. He's the one who got to take it all in.

Come to think of it, while Sooho is experiencing the luxury, I am living on the streets begging for food.

What makes me mad is the fact that what I experienced in life should've been experienced by him. I seem to be paying all his debts to all the people he hurt. Maybe that's the grudge I am holding right now and not because I am his son.