41

"Babe, are you gonna sleep all day?" My back was rubbed and my hair was brushed out of my face.

I shook my head and opened my eyes.

The girls and I had arrived at the house at four and I think it was eight now.

"C'mon, the girls ordered pizza. And I got your favorite."

"Chicken?" I whispered.

She nodded and I shot out of bed. She probably though I was going downstairs but I ran into her bathroom and threw up instead.

She ran in after me and pulled my hair out of the way. "Alba, if you keep going like this you need to see a doctor."

"I'm okay. It's just a stomach bug or something." I said and went over to the sink and rinsed my mouth.

"But it isn't just your stomach. You've been dizzy and you've been sleeping a lot."

"Babe-" I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and pecked her cheek. "I'm fine. I think I'll pass on the pizza. I'll find something else to eat, okay? Then I'll join you in the living room."

She nodded hesitantly and led me down the stairs. "Don't be long."

"I won't." I smiled and walked into the kitchen. Honestly, the thought of some food made me sick but others I could eat tons of.

Like, I couldn't eat pickles now but I was really wanting bananas.

I looked to the fruit bowl and only noticed grapes and apples and oranges.

Where were the bananas?

Tears sprung in my eyes as my heartbeat quickened. I rummaged through every cabinet and drawer but I didn't find bananas.

I leaned against the counter and a few tears fell down my cheeks.

"Babe, what's taking so long?" Dinah's head poked into the kitchen and when she saw me she rushed over to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked softly.

"We don't have bananas." My voice was shaky.

Dinah's brow furrowed. "Bananas?" She got a small smile on her face and she let out a laugh.

"It's not funny!" I sobbed.

Dinah pulled me to her and I cried into her chest. "It's okay." She rubbed my back. "Camila?!"

"Yeah?!"

"Do you have any bananas?!"

"Uh, no!"

"Did you finish ours?!"

"Yeah!" I let out a sob. "Why?!"

"No reason!" Dinah rubbed my back and kissed my head. "Are you really crying because of bananas?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Hey, is everything alright in here?" Ally entered the kitchen. "Is she okay?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Dinah said. "Babe, I'll go to the store and get some bananas for you, okay?" Dinah said as she made me look into her eyes.

I nodded and bit my lip. "I want yellow ones." I whispered.

"I know you do." She kissed my forehead and hugged me again. "Ally, can you take her to the living room with you?"

Ally nodded and grabbed my hand. "Come on sweetie." She spoke softly. She led me to the living room and I sat on the sofa where the other girls were.

Ally grabbed a blanket and handed me it. "Thanks." I smiled softly.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ally whispered and stroked my arm. All the girls were looking at us confused.