3

I woke up to my pillow vibrating. I snatched my phone, not bothering to check who was calling.

“Hello?” I said groggily.

“Finally!” I heard Dinah’s voice. “How long do you sleep child?”

I chuckled and looked around, seeing that I was the only one in my bed now. “I told you I sleep a lot.”

“But till four in the afternoon?” She said.

“I usually go to sleep earlier and I catch up on sleep on Saturdays.” I said and heard her laugh.

“So you wanna meet up later?”

“Yeah, definitely.” I smiled. “Where?”

“I was thinking my place. I’m just feeling like relaxing. Watching movies, playing video games and eating pizza.”

“That sounds perfect.”

“Okay great! Wear cozy clothes.” She said.

“I will. See you later.”

“See you beautiful.” She said. I smiled and hung up.

I stood up and put on gray, capri sweatpants and a black tank top. I put on light make up and threw my hair in a messy bun. When I was ready I bounced down the stairs.

“Good, you’re up.” My mom said as I walked to the kitchen. “Can you help me with dinner?”

I nodded and started to cut up vegetables.

“It smells delicious in here.” My dad said and sat down at the table. “So how was last night?”

“It was really great actually.” I put the salad bowl and rice on the table and sat down. “We’re meeting again later.”

“So this is serious?” My mom asked as she sat down also. “Mari! Luca! Dinner!” She yelled.

“I don’t know.” I smiled. “I guess we’ll see.”

“So will we get to meet her?” Dad asked and I shrugged.

“We’ll see.” I smiled before putting a piece of chicken in my mouth.

“So Alba…” My dad said halfway through dinner. I looked up at him and he looked at my mom. “We were discussing the trip to Mexico…”

I raised my eyebrows and stopped eating. “And?”

“You can stay home.” He smiled.

“Really?!” I squealed and ran up to him, hugging him tightly. “Gracias papi!”

He chuckled. “De nada mija.”

I went and hugged my mom. “Gracias mami.”

She smiled. “You’re welcome sweetie.” I had a bright smile on my face as I continued eating. “There are still rules and consequences Alba.”

“I know.” I said. “What are they?”

“Well, since you’re not coming, we’re leaving right after your graduation so we can all go together.” My mom said.

“Also, you’ll be coming the next time we go there.” Dad said. I nodded. “I think you know all the rules, plus, we trust you. You’re about to be 18 this year, be responsible.”

“Now, when we leave, you’ll get the car keys but only use it when absolutely necessary.” Mom said. “We have also put money on a credit card you can use to buy food and gas while we’re away.”

I smiled and put my plate in the sink, kissing my mom’s cheek. “Thank you again Mami.” I kissed my dad’s cheek. “Thanks papi.” I pulled on a jacket. “I’m going out.”