7

I woke up to voices around me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Dinah sitting against the headboard with my arms around her waist and her playing with my hair. I then looked over my shoulder and saw Mari sitting there, talking excitedly to Dinah.

I think Dinah noticed my movement because she rubbed my arm softly. I looked up at her and she smiled at me. “Morning. Sleep well?”

I nodded. “What time is it?”

She reached for the phone on the nightstand. “10:23 AM.”

I groaned and buried my head in her side. “Too early.” I felt Dinah laugh.

“Alba?” I turned my head to Mari.

“Yeah?”

“Can we do something today?” she asked.

“Sure.” I smiled.

“Girls! Luca! Breakfast!” my mom yelled. Mari ran out of the room.

Dinah stood up from the bed and I immediately missed her warmth. “Nooo, come back…” I whined and put my arms out for her.

She laughed and pulled my hands making me stand out of the bed. “You’re such a baby.”

I kissed her quickly and then held her hand, pulling her to the kitchen. “Morning.” I said as we entered the room and sat down.

“Morning girls!” My mom beamed as she put plates with pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs in front of us.

“Thank you.” Dinah said.

“Thanks mami.” I smiled.

Dinah leaned in beside me and whispered in my ear. “Do we say prayers or something?” she asked and I laughed and shook my head.

“Just dig in.” I said and smiled at her. She smiled back and pecked my cheek before starting to eat. She grabbed my hand under the table.

“This is delicious.” Dinah said.

“Why thank you sweetie.” My mom said and sat down. “So, Dinah, are you in school?”

“No, I’m actually in a band.”

“Really? A band?” my dad asked.

“Yeah.” She nodded. “We’re called Fifth Harmony.”

“You and?” My mom asked.

“Me and four other girls.”

“How did you meet?”

“We were put together at the X-factor.” Dinah said as she sipped her orange juice.

“You were in the X-factor?” My mom said in shock.

Dinah chuckled. “Yeah, we came in third place.”

My mom elbowed my dad and nodded towards Dinah. “Celebrity.”

“That’s great!” My dad said brightly. “What do you like to do?”

The meal kept going like that with pointless questions and stories Dinah shared from her X-factor days.

“What do you wanna do today?” I asked as I looked between Mari and Dinah.

Dinah shrugged and Mari spoke up. “Can we go to the park?”

“Can I come too?” Luca said and I nodded.

“Sure. I’m just gonna go get dressed.” I stood up and looked at Dinah. “You want to stay here or come with?”

She stood up and looked at my mom. “Thank you for the food.” She smiled.