6

I ran down the stairs in shorts, and a sweater with a snapback on my head.

Dinah and I had met a week ago and we had constantly been texting and talking and kissing.

It just felt nice and she was nice and just… this week had been perfect.

“Mija?”

“Hmm?” I stuck my head into the living room where my family was.

“Where are you going?”

“We’re gonna go get some ice cream.” I said.

“I want ice cream!” Mari yelled excitedly.

“Well too bad.” I said.

“Mami!” Mari yelled and looked at my mom.

“I want ice cream.” Luca said and I glared at him.

My dad stretched his arms out. “I have nothing against ice cream.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “Mami!”

My mom shrugged. “Sorry sweetie.”

I groaned and walked to the front door. “I’m not making any promises!”

“Te amo Alba!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” I muttered and climbed in Dinah’s car. “Hey.”

“Hey!” She smiled brightly and leaned over to kiss me sweetly. “You look great.”

I smiled and pecked her lips. “You do too babe.” I buckled my seatbelt. “Ice cream!” I yelled and she started driving to the ice cream store. “I have to buy ice cream for my family too.”

“Okay, that’s fine with me.” Her hand had found its way in my lap and was holding my hand. Every time we drove somewhere, we would do this and I felt safe. Which I thought was weird but it was nice none the less.

She pulled up to the store and she put on sunglasses and a hat. It was dark out but I understood because of her job.

We went into the store and walked up to the counter. “Hello!” The girl behind the counter smiled at us. “What can I get you?”

“Erm, I’m gonna get one scoop, chocolate.” Dinah said then looked at me. “What do you want babe?” My stomach fluttered when she called me that.

“Can I get a scoop of cookie dough?”

She nodded. “Anything else?”

“Yeah, and a half a gallon of vanilla.” I said and she went to get everything ready. I glanced at Dinah and smiled at her when I saw her staring at me.

“Come here.” She held her hand out. I put my hand in hers and she pulled my closer to her. She wrapped her arms around me and pecked my nose. She giggled when I scrunched it up. “You’re cute.” I laughed and put my head in the crook of her neck. She leaned her cheek on head and tightened her arms around me. I pressed a kiss to her neck before sighing in content.

Dinah pulled away after a while but kept out fingers laced together. “That will be 22 dollars.” Dinah handed her money.

“Thank you.” I smiled when I grabbed the bag and my ice cream.

“You’re welcome. Have a nice night.”

“You too.” Dinah said before holding my hand out the door. We went in the car and I held Dinah’s ice cream as she drove.

She pulled up to my house and I bit my lip nervously as I looked at her. “So… you wanna come in?

She smiled and nodded before pecking my lips. “Let’s go!” she went out of the car.