1

I put my drink down on a table in the middle of the café where I go sometimes before school to try and finish my homework.

I grabbed my notebook out of my bag and pulled out a pen as well. I quickly scanned over the work sheet and pulled my golden brown hair up in a messy ponytail.

I felt eyes on me so I looked up towards the back where a girl was watching me. I smiled at her, showing my dimples and she smiled and looked down with a blush on her face.

I chuckled and returned my attention to the worksheet, biting the end of my pen with a confused expression on my face trying to understand.

I glanced at my watch, realizing that I should probably start heading to school if I didn’t want to rush.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and took my ponytail out, making my hair fall down to my mid back in natural waves. I grabbed my notebook and pen and headed out the door.

I had only walked a few steps when I heard the door close again after me.

“Excuse me?!” someone yelled and I turned around. There was the girl that was looking at me before. I looked at her as she jogged up to me. “You dropped this.” She handed me my work sheet.

“Oh gosh, thank you…” I trailed off and took the sheet from her hand, placing my bag on the ground. I bent down and put the sheet in along with my notebook.

“So Alba…” She said with a smiled then her eyes widened. “I-I’m not a stalker o-or anything. I-I just saw your n-name on the paper.” She rambled and I smiled at her.

“I know Dinah.” I said and she got a confused look on her face.

Then it seemed like realization hit her. “Oh… you know my name because…” She looked down.

I grabbed her hand that she used to hand me my paper. I felt her tense as I pulled her wrist closer to my face, examining the bracelet with her name on it. “Dinah Jane Hansen. Cute name.” I smiled and relief came onto her face. I let go of her hand and placed both of my hands inside my jacket pockets.

“There’s more where that came from.” She smiled at me. We were just looking at each other, caught in a trance. Her chocolate brown eyes were looking into my hazel ones for, what felt like, hours.

Crap.

I broke out staring contest and looked at my watch, seeing I had to rush now.

“I’m sorry, I have to get to school.” I said and I saw disappointment fill her features. I grabbed the pen in my pocket and grabbed her hand, writing my phone number on it. “If you ever see my stuff lying around again, give me a call or something.” I smiled at her before walking slowly away. I glanced over my shoulder seeing her watching me while I walked away. I stopped and looked at her before putting my hand out and dropping my pen to the ground.

She looked at me and grinned while I smiled to myself and walked away.

----

Tell me what you think!