72

I heard Benji crying through the baby monitor and I turned to Dinah and snuggled more into the covers.

"I'll get it." Dinah said tiredly and trudged out of bed and into the hallway.

I heard her voice through the baby monitor as she tried to calm him down.

"Shh baby boy, it's okay. Mommy's here. Mommy's got you." Benji's cries quieted down. "You wanna come back to bed with mommy? We just can't wake mami up okay?" I heard her voice fade out then come back into our room. "See we can't wake mami up so we gotta be quiet."

I felt the bed shift as Dinah got back in and then a tiny more shift in between us. I then felt a tiny weight on my back that was removed.

"No, Benji, let mami sleep." Dinah said. "What do you wanna talk about?" ... "You're nine months, what am I even talking about. I'm tired."

"Dadadada." Benji's little voice rang through.

"Can you say mommy?" Dinah asked.

"Dadada." He babbled.

"No, mommy..."

"Mamama."

"Mommy."

"Mamamama."

"Mommy."

"Ma... Mamama."

"Mommy."

"Maamama."

"Okay I guess not mommy. What about mama? Mama."

"Mamama."

"No, don't say one ma. Just mama."

"Ma... Ma."

"Yeah, now don't wait, say it all in one. Mama." ... "And now you don't say anything. Stop looking at me like that."

"Babe?" I whispered groggily to Dinah.

"Shit, sorry babe, did I wake you?"

"No, I'm up. And don't swear in front of Benjamin." I felt a small body press into mine and I smiled and opened my eyes and saw Benji. "Good morning baby." I kissed his head and he gurgled.

His hair was all over the place so I tried to smooth it out but I only fixed it a little.

I turned on my side and Benji crawled more upwards so he was by my face.

"Yes?" I chuckled. He crawled past me and to the headboard and grabbed it then stood up.

Dinah wrapped her arm around his stomach and pushed him back on his back.

He screamed and laughed making Dinah and I laugh. Dinah stood him up again then pushed him down making him scream again.

"Dinah stop, you'll wake the girls." I laughed and took the covers off me then stood up. "You hungry baby?"

"Very." Dinah said and stretched her arms over her head.

"I was talking to Benji but okay." I chuckled and picked Benji up. "Come on, let's get mommy something to eat. And maybe some food in your tummy too." I looked to Dinah. "You wanna come down too?"

"Yeah, I'm coming." Dinah slowly stood up and joined me to walk down stairs. I put Benji down in the highchair and Dinah sat down next to him.

"What do you want to eat babe?" I asked and looked through the fridge.

"Uhh... Pancakes." She said.

"Okay. Do you want fruit with or something?"

"Do we have strawberries?"