64

I made sure Benji was safely strapped into the car seat before putting a blanket over him and shutting the door as gently as I could.

I walked around the car and joined him in the backseat. Dinah was getting a few more things from the diaper bag and the girls were all piling into the car.

The girls apparently had to go to the building the offices for the record label was in at. When they went to tell me the reason, Benjamin started crying so I never really caught why.

"Is he all good?" Dinah said as she sat beside me.

I nodded and grabbed 'Bobert' out of the diaper bag and placed him on the blanket.

Benjamin moved his little hand so he was touching him since he couldn't really grab him.

I smiled as he focused on the stuffed animal and then I looked up as the car started driving.

Ally was in the front with the driver and Normani, Lauren and Camila were in the last row with Camila behind Benji, Lauren behind me and Normani behind Dinah.

Camila was pulling funny faces at Benji from the back and it was funny to watch since he just had his eyes open, looking at her, and the rest was just neutral.

"C'mon Benji, laugh!" Camila said and he closed his eyes then opened them again. "Okay how about a smile?" She said.

"Camz, he hasn't smiled or laughed yet so be patient." Lauren said from beside her.

"Yeah, yeah." Camila muttered and kept pulling faces at him. "Ow..." She then muttered.

I looked back at her and she had her hand over her cheek. "Don't strain yourself." I chuckled and looked back at Benji.

I felt his cheek to see if he was getting too hot but he wasn't.

"Babe, it's okay. He'll be fine." Dinah tried reassuring me.

It's not my fault I was slightly panicky. This is the first time we're leaving the house with him.

"Alba, really, stop worrying." Dinah said and wrapped an arm around my waist.

I sighed and smiled slightly. I leaned up to kiss her lips softly then looked back at Benji.

The car came to a stop and Dinah jumped out. "You take the diaper bag, I'll go around and take him." I nodded and she left and then opened the door to Benji's side. "Hey baby, how are you feeling in there?" She asked softly and placed the blanket over the opening so he would be shielded from the sun.

And flashes. Who knows?

I slid out after Dinah had taken the car seat out and grabbed the bag, following them inside.

I looked down, rummaging through my purse and taking my sunglasses off. I noticed we walked through the door while I was still looking down.

"Surprise!" I jumped, startled, and looked up. The room was filled with people the girls knew and some that I knew. I started tearing up.

"What's this?" Dinah asked and placed the car seat down carefully.

"It's like a really late baby shower slash 'congratulations you had a baby!' and a early birthday thingy." Camila said while looking at us.

I sniffled and Dinah looked at me. She looked concerned and pulled me into her. "What's the matter baby?" She whispered in my ear as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Nothing." I sniffled and chuckled. "My hormones are still all over the place." I said and pulled away slightly to wipe my eyes.

Dinah laughed and I hit her shoulder. "Sorry, sorry." She kissed my forehead then let go of me but still held my hand. "Thank you." Dinah said and hugged everybody since I barely knew anybody there.