21

Author Pov.

" Mr. Kim but how  long will it take? I am not going stay there for too long. " Jennie asked frustratingly as she was struggling in buckling her seatbelt followed by a sigh from both Jennie, who was tired of her continuous failures and Taehyung, who noticed it.

He shooed her hand away from the belt and went closer. Jennie flinched by his sudden action. His face coming closer and closer while he was trying to buckle her seat and there she was feeling like she can loose her breath in any second. 

" Not that much. Don't worry I will drop you home timely. I also have no interest in making you stay at my place. It's for your sake only. " He said coldly focusing on buckling the seatbelt and not noticing her state by his his sudden action.

He looked at her and his his breath hitched after noticing the closeness between them and just as quick as the speed of light he was back to his place and was now fixing himself to sit properly.

" I meant...you are going to work with them...s-so you should meet them. It w-will h-help you only. " He said with awkwardness filled in his voice.

" Y-Yes, I-I'll just message my brother that he don't need to pick me up today. " She replied and he just gave her a nod as his reply. She quickly took her handphone out from her bag and started finding Yeonjun's contact.

Taehyung buckled his seatbelt and started driving... A complete silence between them and of course an awkward one. No one was daring to speak anything but then suddenly a phone call broke the silence. It was from Jennie's handphone. Jennie awkwardly picked it up.

.....

" Ummm... who was it? " He asked still looking at the road trying to break the atmosphere filled with awkwardness.

" My brother. " She said gaining back the confidence to speak to him freely. " He was just asking how would I come home... and umm...that's it. " She said earning just a nod from him.

" We will be there in 15 minutes. " He said and she too just nodded. After that there was again silence but not an awkward one like earlier, it's just that both of them didn't wanted to talk to each other. It was clear that if they had someone else with them instead of each other, the ride would absolutely have been filled with endless talks and laughter.

 As Taehyung said, they reached at his place in 15 minutes, actually in less than 15 minutes. He rang the bell and the door opened revealing bunch of maids standing in a line through which Jennie got a flashback of her childhood, when her parents used to come back home and all the maids used to stand in a line to welcome them and one of them used to open the door and bow to her parents with a little version of her running with big smile and widely opened arms to her parents expecting them pick her up and kiss her on the cheek to show their affection to her but just got a " Jennie go back to your room, it's late you should sleep now. " followed by her nanna picking her up and taking her back to her room and consoling her. She truly misses her nanna now too. 

Taehyung snapped his fingers in front of her face also snapping her out of her thoughts. She looked at him and he raised his right eyebrow and signaled to the maids as a sign to say " What's wrong? Do what you came to do. "  She understood and nervously stepped inside his house to greet the maids.

" Annyeonghaseyo ma'am, I am Jennie Kim and I am going to be Mr. Kim's spot from tomorrow onwards. I am going to work with you guys as kind of maid too. " Jennie said bowing them and they bowed back. 

" Miss Jennie we will look forward to work with you. You are really lucky to work under Mr. Kim. He is really a nice person. " An old lady said giving her a big warm smile and she smiled back but a forced one, " I know I know, how much nice person he is. He must be a really good actor that everybody thinks of him like an angel when actually he is devil. " she mumbled.

" Pardon? " The old lady said. 

" I meant I know right, I work under him so I know that he is really a kind hearted person. " She said exaggerating with big hand gestures and then looking at Taehyung with a bored look. Taehyung chuckled at her action as he clearly heard what she said earlier.

" And I will also look forward to working with you. " She said in the end with a genuine smile.

" Let's go Miss Kim let me show you the house and tell you the things you need to do here. " He said and started walking to the store room first and Jennie just quietly followed him.

⋘ Fast Forward ( 20 minutes ) ⋙

" That's it. Just these small works should be done by you then we will leave for office after breakfast." They were now in Taehyung's bedroom and Taehyung was sitting on his bed and Jennie was already tired after only imagining her upcoming busy schedule. 

" So we are done. " He said in more like a question tone and she gave him a nod looking down regretting her sayings. " So you should leave. "He continued.

" Yeah, let's leave. " She said gripping on the strips of her bag.

" Yeah, leave now. "  He said without moving an inch too from bed she jolted her head up with a confused expression.

" What? " He asked in bored tone.

" You said you will drop me home timely. " She said still confused.

" Yeah, I know but I did what I said. "

" When? "

" You came to my home timely, thanks to me. " Jennie's mouth opened not believing what he said just now.

" You meant that you were going to drop me to your house timely? " He nodded with a small pout and  closed eyes. Jennie tilted her head to the right totally annoyed by him.

" Fine, I can go on my own. I don't need you. " She said turning around with full confidence and started walking expecting him to stop her and then offer to drop her to her house.

" Wait. " He yelled and she smiled as her plan worked but controlled herself and turn around to face him with no expression.

" Now what? " She said in a bored tone.

" I was thinking that I also need to maintain my angel side in front of everyone so I can follow you till outside. So let's go. " He said standing up walking to her and bending down to her height, looking straight into her eyes. Jennie's breath hitched once again today.

" I need to continue being a good actor...right? " He said in his deepest voice with a smile on his face.