49

Author Pov.

" Huh? " Taehyung snapped out of his daydream when he finally realized what he just uttered out from that stupid mouth of his. He was successful in keeping up the blank face for the mean time as he panicked inside, cursing himself, thinking ways to cover up his mistake. Jennie looked at him with her widened eyes as silence engrossed them, her heart beating faster than it has ever did.

The now silent atmosphere was disturbed by a loud laughter emitted by the male in front of her as her eyebrows furrowed automatically when he held his stomach and didn't stop laughing.

" Look at your face. " He said again laughing as Jennie was taken aback by the sudden shift of his mood. She felt off by his action as his laugh clearly screamed "fake". She saw him regaining his earlier posture after a good minute of faking his laugh.

' Was it really a joke to him?' She thought with a scoff following after.

" Never thought I can make girls blush this hard, especially you. " He said grabbing his phone from the table as he made an eye contact with her at the last part as she again felt her cheeks heating.
" By the way I think we should leave now. " He said standing up smiling awkwardly and walking out as she just let out a tired sigh, staring his back.

' Why do you have such a strong impact on me? I should hate you for being a dickhead to me in the past, right? Then what is making me fail in this every single time?... Was unnie right when she said that? Do I.... Do I really like him? ' Her phone rang as she checked the caller ID and answered the call.

" I'm waiting outside. Be quick. " he hung up before she could answer.

' Do you feel the same emotions I do when you look at me like that?.... What are you even thinking Jennie? What emotions? You feel nothing when he looks at you. Yes. '

Taehyung walked out of the restro-café with a blank expression on his face. As soon he was out of sight he started panicking. His fingers clutched the left part of his chest tightly.

" Why did I say that out of all the nice things in the universe? I'm so stupid. And then ' Never thought I can make girls blush this hard, especially you. ' What's going on with me? " He groaned in embarrassment.
" And you- " he said as he pointed his index finger to his heart.
" You should know when you have to calm down. " He said as he rubbed his chest, his back hitting the wall of the building.

" What are you doing to me Jennie Kim? Why are you making me feel this way? " He said as he closed eyes.

~~~xxx~~~

✓°°✓

{ " Mr. Kim but how long will it take? I am not going stay there for too long. " Jennie asked frustratingly as she was struggling in buckling her seatbelt followed by a sigh from both Jennie, who was tired from her unsuccessful attempts and Taehyung, who noticed it.

" Not that much. Don't worry I will drop you home timely. I also have no interest in making you stay at my place. It's for your sake only. " He said coldly focusing on buckling the seatbelt.

He looked at her and his breath hitched after noticing the closeness between them and just as quick as the speed of light he was back to his place and was now fixing himself to sit properly. }

✓°°✓

{ " Is the bre-" He was cut off as she quickly placed her hand onto his mouth in order to not let him speak, catching his eyes looking into hers.