42

Author Pov.

" Miss Kim, can I ask you something? " Taehyung asked breaking the long silence as she was cooking. She just responded with a 'hmm' as Taehyung contemplated last time if to ask or not. "Umm... it was about Mr. Kang. " Jennie furrowed her brows but soon realized what he meant.

" Actually Kang was my guy best friend in college, even before the girls entered my life. " Taehyung lips shaped an 'o' as once again a long silence took place and they continued their work.

Now Jennie was in her room, trying to sleep but just her stupid mind kept replaying the kiss again and again. Yeah she said that she would forget about the incident but was it really that easy. Everytime she convinced herself that all of it meant nothing to her but her mind said otherwise and played that clip again in her mind only for her to be more embarrassed.

There, Taehyung already believed that she would forget about that kiss and was trying to sleep which he successfully did. Everytime he thought that it meant nothing to him, but unlike the case with Jennie, it really meant nothing to him.
.
.
.
.
The sun came up painting the earlier black sky into a blue one. There was pin drop silence in every nook and corner of Taehyung's house. Both Jennie and Taehyung were still asleep due to being up late but that was not a problem as it was Sunday. Jennie shifted in her sleep, squinting her eyes as a beam of light hit her face.

She lazily glanced at the wall clock and it was eight in the morning. She sat up rubbing her eyes with the back of her fingers as a yawn escaped her lips. After thinking a lot she finally stood up and went to freshen up.

On entering the kitchen she remembered that they were out of stuffs so she again went up to her room, reading herself to leave for the grocery store. She made a note to tell Taehyung about her whereabouts if he would look for her....if.

Taehyung woke up and directly went downstairs to have a glass of water after freshening up. His eyes travelled to the door of the fridge, specifically to the sticky note stuck on it. He read Jennie's message and just shrugged his shoulders off.

He went out of the kitchen and saw the front door opened revealing Jennie with few bags in her hand. He jogged towards her when he noticed her, struggling carrying them.

Jennie did a head flip as her hair troubled her. She quickly looked up when she felt someone's fingers slightly brushing through hers in order to take few bags from her grasp. Her breath hitched when she saw him. She quickly straightened up and looked at him with her wide eyes.

" Better? "

" Huh? "

" The weight of bags. Is it better now? " He said taking the bags and keeping them on the counterpart of the kitchen with Jennie following him.

" Ahh...yes. " Jennie said quickly placing them and released a heavy breath, wiping the sweat off her face with the back of her hands. She took a rubber band and tied her hairs into a ponytail but few strands of her hair swinged down her face which she tucked behind her ears. Taehyung watched her the whole time. He flinched and looked straight as she almost caught him staring at her.

Taehyung heaved a sigh as he looked at the phone on counter. The phone belonged to Jennie. He peeped at the caller id, 'Kang', only to let out a disgusted scoff.

' They even exchanged numbers? '