˚ ༘♡ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ༄

the next day, i had been asked to go to my father's funeral. i didn't wanna go. i loved him but i couldn't bare to go watch my father get buried. "harry." my fist untighted hearing her voice call me. "hm?" i hummed back as she stood in front of me. "what's wrong?" she asked worried.

"it's nothing." i whispered back as her hands wrapped around me. i didn't know how but somehow she just knew this was about my father. "you should go." she said placing her hand on my chest. "no." i responded back. "yes." she stated causing me to shut my eyes not wanting to show her my emotions as i backed away. "harry, you're going to regret it." she said holding my hand rubbing her hand against it gently. she was right. "if you want i can go with you." she added pushing my emotions to the side. i looked at her immediately.

"will you?" i asked holding back all my sadness. she nodded. "come on let me help you pick out something." she said waving me over to the closet like if i was a kid. as i watched her hand go through each of my tux she lands on a plain black tux.

she hands it to me but i hesitated. "put it on." she says with a soft smile. i lightly nod taking it into my hand. i watched her leave. "wait." i whispered wanting her to stay here with me. "i have to get ready too, harry." she smiled before slowly closing the door.

as much as i didn't care if she dressed in front of me i wanted to respect her. i got dressed and looked into the mirror. she walked into moments later in a black dress. she was beautiful. i'm telling the truth i couldn't keep my eyes off her. "you look good." she said fixing my tie. she was so close to me which made me happy. so happy that i wanted to kiss her but i couldn't.

"thanks." i smiled to myself not wanting to show her how much i loved her compliments. "you look pretty." i said but instantly shushed myself. i closed my eyes in embarrassment. "you're so cute when you get all shy, come on let's go." she holds my hand dragging me downstairs with her.

lunas pov

as we made it to the cemetery, i was holding harrys had the entire time we watch his father get buried. "are you okay?" i asked quietly as he stayed quiet for a second before nodding. he was staring at normans grave stone.

all of a sudden my eyes landed on her. mary jane. she was there too. harrys hand still intertwined with mine as she made eye contact with me. i instantly dropped his hand making my way towards her. not bothering to look at harry. "mj." i said as she turned away ignoring me. "hey." i said louder causing her to take in and face me.

"what?" she said harshly. "i'm sorry i haven't reached out to you in a while." i apologized as she scoffed rolling her eyes. "you're with harry now?" she asked rudely. i hesitated looking back at harry who was watching his father's grave. "no i'm not." i said while turning back to look at her. "i'm not" i said again more firmly. to be honest i don't really know if we are together. harry might be using me to get over his father. i'm not complaining or anything about this it's just i don't know how harry feels i've never lost someone like that. i know harry just needs someone to love him so i will be there for him.

"then why are you always with him." she finally says. another thing it's that i think i might like him. "i don't know if you know or not but harrys dad died, i'm going to be there for him." i said not to harshly. i didn't like being like this around her especially because i'm 'hanging' out with a guy she used to date and who she really liked. also the guy who dumped her for me? i still find it hard to believe that part.

"well i came here with peter." she says like she wants to get back at me. but that didn't work because i knew peter always liked her. "well that's great." i fake smiled. i know friends should be happy for you when you find someone you really like but at this moment i would do anything to not make her hate me. she smiled softly as i wrapped my arms around her and she did too.

i don't know how it happened but somehow we just made up but i hated that i knew that reason was for her wanting me to not see harry anymore. she looked at me then glanced behind me towards harry. i nodded to her before walking away.

i go back to harry and wrapped my arms around his neck. as much as i hated lying to someone, especially to someone i really adore. i couldn't watch her be mad at me for this. so i blurted it out. something i will always regret for the rest of my life. something i wished i never did.

"harry we can't." my words breaking my heart. his face dropped into a frown as i let go of him. "why not?" he asked softly. "it's mary jane i- i can't betray her like this." i turned away from him. "i'm sorry." i said trying to hold back my tears. i was about to walk away. "no don't go." he whispered also try to hold in tears as he held my arms not wanting me to go. "please no, don't go please." he said with more tears filling his eyes. he was like a beautiful angel trying not to cry but he failed to.

"harry." i sighed wrapping my arms around him. tightly. i didn't like seeing him cry. "please don't leave me." he lightly cried out to me. "i don't want you to leave me luna, i need you in my life." he whispered through his sobs. i looked straight and saw mary jane watching us.

"i'm not going to leave you harry." i slowly unwrapped my arms around him looking up at him. "okay?" i reassured him wiping my thumb across his cheek wiping off his tear stains. he nodded with a small smile. "but i need you to understand. okay?" i added as he just nodded repeatedly. "we can't be anything more than friends." i said but it hurt me to watch his face drop. he didn't like that.

he didn't say anything back. which i think was good because i couldn't bare hearing his voice break down in front of me. i looked back at mary jane who looked away when i looked at her. i really wanted him to know that this decision wasn't for what was best for me. it was for her.