˚ ༘♡ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ༄

small chapter, enjoy :)

___________________

today is harrys eighteenth birthday and aunt may wanted me to help her throw a party for him and surprisingly i didn't reject it. i had to cancel plans with my boyfriend though. when i told mary jane about the plan to throw a party, she insisted to inviting him so everyone would meet him together but the idea scared me a bit.

there was no way i could introduce to him on harrys birthday. todays a day about him not about someone else. harry would also not like that at all. i help decorate the living room with lots of balloons when someone knocks. it's peter and harry.

peters still weird about me not bulging about telling him about my boyfriend and i'm still mad at harry for telling him about him when i had everything planned out. or so i would like to believe that.

"hi." i say when i've come face to face with him. "hi." he says back and he comes in. "harry." mary jane runs towards him and wraps her arms around him. "happy birthday." she tells him before releasing him and they both talk to each other at a low level like lovers do.

"thank you by the way for this." he says but i don't notice he's talking to me until i realize we're the only ones left in the living room. he stands behind me from where i'm sitting and watches me scan throughout different channels on tv.

he then sits across from me in the living room. "aunt may tells me you smile a lot whenever i walk into the room" he smirks at me. "yeah it's cause you buy me books." i say to him and he frowns. "how's your "boyfriend" doing?" he asks like he wants me to feel the same level of feelings as him.

"why do you always have to ask that?" i question not taking my eyes off the tv screen. "i don't know, maybe cause i wanna know, when is he coming here by the way?" he continues asking and i let go of the remote and cross my arms. "don't you have a girlfriend to follow around?" i add and he's pissed i ignored his questions.

"she's busy if you can't see." he gestures his hands towards her placing stuff onto the dining room table. "well i would too pretend to be "busy" if i were with you." i reply with a smile and laugh when he places his hand on his forehead.

"luna." mary jane hears my words and glares at me along with aunt may. "great now you got me in trouble." i say and he sits up instantly."you threw this party for me." he gets close to me, pointing his finger at me. "and? you're still a dick though." i reply with no hesitation. he instantly gets offended.

"hm don't talk to me like that, or you won't get a ride to school no more." he spits back and i cross my arms. "then i'll walk, for the better." i say back and he glares at me. "and don't think i forgive you for what you did the other day." i reminded him of the events of when he told peter my secret and he doesn't say another word.

then aunt may comes into view with a cake in her hands. the candles lightly lit around the cake. she brought it to harry and we watched him blow out the candles after we sang happy birthday. i don't get a slice when i remember what my boyfriend said. you don't need to know.

later that day, it's just me and harry again. "anyways happy birthday." i say handing him a small gift bag. he thanks me as he grasped it into his hands. wow what a way to forgive and forget from whatever happened earlier. something i would never approve of.

"well i guess it's time for you to finally start thinking about adulthood." i say and he snaps his head up to look at me. "you still remember what you said?" he asks me with a glint in his eyes. "of course i do, you want to grow up and be just like your dad or well just nicer." i state and he smiles.

"how much we changed." he says with a little laugh. "i just wish nothing like that happened and the promise we made stayed untouched." he continued. "maybe we- maybe nothing bad would of happened." he adds. for a second he looks at me and i know what he wants to bring up so i can let him do it.

"what were you expecting? people change harry. not everything will last forever." i say and i can see a bit of sadness in his eyes. he's sad for a second and i am too. how much has changed since a year ago on this day.

"i guess some people just never stay." he says quietly and i don't say anything for second. "and if they do stay then by means, never let them go." i add to his sentence and he smiles at my words. i get up from where i'm sitting.

"well happy birthday again." i tell him and we both look at each other. hm i've been here in this exact position before, it feels weird. i definitely had a much different feeling than i do now. "thank you." he says and i nod. that's it, that's all we did. we smiled, made eye contact and he left.

__________________

a moment before the next chapter.