Chapter 5: Descisions

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi.

.

.

.
-Unknow Location, Hachiman POV-

I never knew what I would do in this new life.

At first, I expected to just go through the regular life cycle, going to school like I was doing currently. After I graduate from high school in a few years, I would then try getting accepted into Tokyo University, always wanted to know if it was worth it or not.

Have a regular job, not something too ambitious but successful enough that it would pay the bills, probably an office worker. Of course, I would still train my househusband skills, just in case, I did find that someone who preferred me more in the house rather than working. I choose not to have any high-reaching dream about my future. In all realities, the pursuit of dreams led to a life so painful and frustrating, that the mere thought of it was enough to merit a sigh. Hard work betrayed none, but dreams betrayed many.

Somewhere along the years, I meet that special someone, we marry, have kids then retire in a penthouse somewhere in the Maldives.

But life sure transpired to be a cruel mistress, at barely 10 years of age I had to deal with criminals capable of wielding magic of all things. Crazy, I know, that was the point where I realized that life wouldn't ever be the same again.

"Isn't that right, Bob?"

Currently, I was not awake nor was I dead for that matter, 'At least I hope so'.

The same wide empty room with two chairs facing one another in the middle. I just sat there for an unknown amount of time, lost in my wandering thoughts. At first, I panicked, I worried about Akeno and her mother, but I had no way of reaching them. I punched myself, banged my head against the floor continuously hoping to wake up from this dream. But a dream it was not, the pain was too real, yet I did not bleed. I then tried calling for help, screaming and begging yet no one answered my plea, or rather there was no being present to hear me out.

I had no option but to wait, which I did.

Didn't know how long I was in this state, with no sun or clock around, my time perception was completely screwed. Furthermore, I tried this one trick I once saw an anime protagonist use with counting every second.

'I think I stopped somewhere around five million...or was it six?'

I forgot.

After that, I just kept staring at the ceiling. Following what felt like an eternity 'which it probably was' something new happened. More accurately, someone else was present in the room beside me.

When I first saw it, I grew shocked, for it was the same being from my previous dream. A blank entity with no facial characteristics whatsoever, almost as if someone dropped a half-done mannequin, completely forgetting about adding any human features aside from its general humanoid shape.

The being sat opposite of me, it never replied to any of my comments, never did it move even the slightest bit... it was just there. Was it mocking me? Probably. Did I become so crazy that my mind created a humanoid shape persona to interact with despite nothing being there in real life? Yeah.

So I decided to call it Bob 'original I know', we talked or rather I talked to it telling Bob my life story, my embarrassing moments, my happy moments, basically everything.

The Hachiman from before would have never done this, but the current me felt that my interaction with Bob was the only thing saving me from pure insanity.

"So Bob, have any interesting stories to tell?"

"..."

It was always the same thing with Bob.