Another redhead

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

Again, short chapter, sorry y'all.

I'll try to add more it honestly couldn't write the next part without it becoming too long and thus becoming two chapters in one. And I felt the ending of this one was good enough.

Edit 1: Beta read and added a few more lines.
.

.

.

-(Flashback)-

"Hurgh… where… where am I?"

I woke up in a dark room with a splitting headache. Not the first time I woke up in such a state after a life and death battle, the only difference here was…

"You're back…"

A black gauntlet which I recognized as Saji's [Absorption Line] formed around my hand, the form being more complete and menacing than what I remembered. Along with having the gecko-looking head, it formed a true armoured gauntlet covering my arms and hand. The violet orb blinked slowly with a weak light.

"It has been a while, partner." His familiar voice hit my heart to the point I started crying. "How has life been treating you lately?"

He finally came back.

"This is not a dream, right?"

"It is a dream come true, technically I never left you… my soul was just too exhausted and burdened by the strain these last few years and I had to take a rather extended nap." Vritra said.

Sniff…

"Hahahaha, crying over my return after a short nap? How touching. Not every day you get a host who cared more about me rather than the powers I gave them. But seriously, stop crying, you would not like the sound of a dragon crying… We're infamously known to be ugly criers."

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. He hasn't changed a bit.

"Only you can consider a few years-long coma as a nap."

"Tell that to Niðhöggr! That irritating lizard slept for centuries while gnawing on the root of the World Tree." Of course, this was before that greedy dragon had a fight with Ddraig of all dragons and got sealed at some point after his crushing defeat against the Red Dragon Emperor.

Despite being an Evil dragon like him, Vritra absolutely hated the Abyss Rage Dragon. He was one of the few dragons who embodied the vile aspects of being considered an Evil dragon in the first place. Whereas he and Crom Cruach's main drawback was their never-ending rage, Niðhöggr revelled in his wrath and sadism—enjoying every second of it.

Always hungry as he would swallow everything in sight. He was even known to be a cannibal, eating his brothers and sisters without an ounce of regret. He hoped to never battle that guy, aside from his corrosive miasma, that guy's revival ability sounds like it would be an enormous pain to deal with as well.

"Where are we? I don't remember much." Everything was blurry, he knew he lost against Sétante and that Raynare… "Is Raynare still alive?"

"Rest assured, the Fallen is perfectly healthy… I just gave her too much." That sounded wrong, and worrying, but I was relieved by the news. "As for where we are currently, let's just say that an old witch brought us to her abode."