Turning point part 4

Hiiiii~ Another chapter is here!

beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

Also read 4 chapters weeks early on my p@treon at /NimtheWriter.

---------------

-Paris-

-Hachiman POV-

Walking through the streets of Paris so late at night, was kind of a surreal feeling.

I couldn't really put it into words, but this feeling of danger, and that I was being watched was a dozen times more intense here than Kuoh.

I was in the lower part of the city, where the beauty of Paris was nonexistent.

Abandoned buildings, broken windows, street rats and this constant sewer smell. I shouldn't be surprised, every country has such areas somewhere.

Vritra told me though he could sense the existence of one of his gears, he could not pinpoint its precise location. So I had to act like a metal detector and just wander around till he could sense it again.

"I don't like being here at all."

This place gave me a horror movies vibe, this was the kind of place where the movie protagonist would be jump scared by a monster or a psycho.

My guard was up, since no one was around, I called up my new and improved [Delete Field] with my [Prison Wings].

Unlike last time when my sacred gear became a full-on chest plate, it had now shrunken down back into a smaller form, a pauldron on both of my shoulders.

"Hey, Vritra, why isn't my gear as cool as before?" I asked.

The black chest plate with the gem in the middle was just a piece of art, if I had the option I would constantly put it on.

'That partner was a particularly complicated situation. Your will to live and desires had boosted your compatibility with gear so much, that they forced it into an incomplete [Balance Breaker] for a split second.

'Of course, unless you don't gather my other 3 major gears, stepping beyond that line would be impossible.'

Wait did he say 'major'?

"What, so there are like minor gears?" Just how many gears did this dragon have?

'Yes I have many gears, but they are considered minors since you can gain their exact power by combining the four major ones. They only hold a scrap of my soul to keep it functioning.'

Wow, that was just cruel, just how much did he suffer from having his soul broken like a piece of glass into many shards?

*Crash*

"...!"

My heart lurched from my chest as I whipped my head around in fright. "Who is there!?"

I surveyed my surroundings while having my wings be ready to take off at any moment.

I spotted an old abandoned apartment complex, with a broken door showing me the darkness inside.

As I approached the house, I smelled the old musky smell of the complex.

"Hurgh!" I gaged over a putrid smell that was coming from that building. "Smells like, rotten eggs mixed with sewage waters...and blood."

The scent reminded me of the night I hunted down Bawler, there were dead people inside for sure.

I wrapped my hands around the dusty door handle and slowly pull open the broken door. "Let's just hope there is no ghost inside."