Dawn of the Rating Game

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

-Kuoh-

The ten days training period was over and the day for the decisive battle had finally arrived.

After concluding and reviewing everyone's progress during these last few days, Azazel was more than satisfied with the result. The Red Dragon Emperor had unlocked the true [Boosted Gear], Saji Genshirou became accustomed to his new artificial sacred gear and the girls had reached a satisfactory level.

As for Rias' team, unlike the Sitri's peerage, were in fact quite ahead of the rest. Akeno had fully embraced her Fallen heritage from the beginning, allowing her to make leap and bounds on her Holy Lightning, making them far more devasting against Devils. The Nekoshou was able to conquer her fear of her natrual powers, or at least, able to use Senjustsu without freezing up. She seemed to push her fear of her powers down after the Paris incedent.

Kiba was an interesting case, his biggest roadblock is his blind rage towards the Holy Swords. Being a survivor of Valper's ‘Holy Sword Project’, it's quite understandable why the boy would harbor such intense hatred for them. Though hatred was a powerful tool for Sacred Gears, who fed off of emotions to grow stronger with there wielders, but they shouldn’t allow there emotions to control them.. It would explain why Kiba wasn't able to unlock his [Balance breaker] even though he was already strong to achieve it. Azazel assumes that it might be because of emotinal blockage that prevents him from obtaining.

Gasper… well the boy was just too shy for his own good. Just making him leave the box was a challenge in itself—that is until Koneko started to chase him around with a bunch of garlic in order to get him out. Maybe he should leave it to Hachiman, the boy can work wonders on others.

And finally Rias—since that night with the little Fallen—she's been actively avoiding eye contact with her Queen, he had to restrain himself from laughing the whole time at how the red head tried to avoid her.

'I should have taken a video or photos back then!' Coming across such potential teasing material was extremely rare, and he missed his chance!

Fortunately, she looked better, less stressed, and worried about the fight.

Woosh!

The room inside the Occult Research Club was lit in a deep crimson light as the main group for today's fight arrived.

"Oho? Still wearing your school uniforms for such a fight?" He asked the group.

"If my group has a uniform, then it has to be the uniform of Kuoh academy. We are the members of the Occult Research Club after all.” Rias replied, showing her pride for her group's assembly.

Though there was some extra equipment for some of the members.

Kiba was equipped with a gauntlet on his hands and shin guards for leg protection. He had his swords mounted on his belt, even though he didn't need to do it due to [Sword birth].

Koneko-chan was sitting on one of the chairs in the room and began reading a book. On her hands, she was wearing tactical fighting gloves that allowed her fingers to be seen with metal covering on the knuckles. It was one of those gloves that martial artists wore. It looked pretty intense when a girl with a loli face put it on.

"I'll go make some tea in the meantime," Akeno said, heading out of the room.

Asia and Kalawarna came along with him, the nun put the sinful nun cosplay Kalawarna gave her, somehow still oblivious to its true nature behind the outfit. Kalawarna had told her that it would make Hachiman happy to see when he came back from his mission, which Asia believed at face value. Azazel was sure that she and Gabriel would get along quite well, remembering the times he nearly tricked his sister into wearing several outfits… before Michael stopped him that is. He went to sit on the chair, thanking Akeno for serving a cup of green tea as she went to hand some out to the rest of the group.