Chapter 83: Dragon Attack

Beta read by Shigiya

.

.

.

-???-

I was not going to lie, but riding on Tiamat's back was quite a comfortable experience. The scales were hard yet did not hurt my butt as much as I expected them to. If I was a braver, - or dumber - man, I would've complimented her soft scales. The dragon flew across the sky with breakneck speed, each of her wing flaps pushing away the clouds for miles on end. Even Vritra commented how different she flew compared to him.

Lacking any subtlety or grace he showed in his life, literally paving a path across the sky visible to anyone. It did not help that each wing flap was as loud as a jet engine. Even my ears turned numb at the beginning, thankfully she reached a high enough altitude that allowed her to temporarily glide for most of the way.

"Imbecility at its worst, a high and mighty dragon like me reduced to a mode of transportation. If Ddraig were to see me like this or even Albion, both would have cackled at my expense. The mighty Tiamat... mother of dragons and strongest Dragon King no less." She grumbled under breath for the past hour, sour over how he called her over an emergency she believed to have been a great battle between me and some opponent powerful enough that it forced me to summon her. "Now I have two brats on my back thinking they order me around for a stupid mission to find that greek smithing goddess, who's probably dead by now."

"He's a guy, y'know."

"Whatever."

Yup, she was definitely sour on many levels, I was surprised how we were still alive and not burned to a crisp, or torn to pieces or just dead in general. Yep, "we" as I was not alone on this trip.

"Hahahaha! She's certainly quite scary, don't you think so?" By my side was none other than Rias famous cousin, someone who is known throughout the underworld as being one of - if not - the strongest Devil in their generation. "This is my first time riding on a dragon's back, it feels so very different from riding a Nemean lion! I wonder if Tiannin will accept me riding on his back if I ask him?"

I doubted ANY dragon for the most part enjoyed having people on their backs use them as a mode of transportation. Unless you were sweet Asia, fat chance. They were creatures of great pride. They would sooner kill you before you ever finish the question, then ever consider the thought of letting someone ride them. I was convinced Asia could turn out to be an existence as terrifying as Sirzechs if she managed to harness that power of cuteness and sincerity of hers.

She could possibly end up being the final boss if we were not careful.

Anywho, he certainly was quite happy and excited to be here, talking through the entire journey nonstop about various topics which I stopped paying attention to a while ago. It was super awkward nonetheless to sit next to him the entire time without talking much aside saying yes and nodding to his words from time to time. Friendly, smiling every time, laughing for no reason and calling me a friend when we barely knew each other... Was this the first real ryaju I met in my life here? If I hadn't known about Kiba's past life and the trauma he went through, then he would have become a close second candidate.

"Ah, where are my manners? My name is Sairaorg Bael, you must be Hikigaya Hachiman! I heard a lot about you from my cousin, she told me so many stories about you that today's meeting made me very excited! Even Madgaran talks about you, especially the stunt you pulled back during the Rating Game between Rias and Riser." Well he certainly was quite informed. But then again, that event was broadcasted for most of the Underworld to see, including important figures of the Underworld so him seeing it made sense. It would have been quite weird if the oldest heir of the Bael clan had no idea of what happened back then.