Arrival

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

(Flashback)

"Aaaaaaaahhh!"

I was running for my life in a dark and hellish-looking dimension while being chased by a psychotic Irish woman; who was also laughing at my screams of terror.

That would be an apt description of the few days I spent in Scàthack's domain.

"Dodge to your left!" Vritra, my ever-present companion, warned me just in time for me to dodge a spear throw, which nearly nicked my kidneys. "You can't keep running, partner. You must stand your ground and engage in combat with her, that's what she wants."

I looked back and saw my current nightmare giving me chase. That old lady I met before was just a disguise she used to travel around in the human world. Now, she looked like a young warrior with her red hair flowing in the wind wildly and a glee-filled smirk that promised me pain and misery.

Her leather armor left little to the imagination as it protected certain parts of her body while leaving the rest exposed. I still felt intimidated by what I was seeing. Unlike Akeno or Rias who had a lith and curvaceous figure, Scáthach had that but with the added bonus a large number of streamlined muscles filled with scars and freckles.

He would’ve thought that she was a beautiful amazon if it wasn’t for the fact that she was trying to kill him.

How the fuck does he want me to fight this crazy witch when both of them banned me from using my Sacred Gear!? I’m running around with just a regular spear, forced to use it instead of my other skills.

"Just follow my instructions, it's better than running around like a scared child. The sooner you learn to fight with a spear, the sooner we can go back to Kuoh." Right, it's already been two days since I've been stuck in this dimension with the only one who gets me out is right behind me.

.

.

.

"Fine!" I really needed to go back, I have faced broken characters before, got my ass kicked by them as well, so this shouldn't be that scary. Skidding myself to a halt, I turned around and brought my spear into a basic fighting stance that the witch showed me.

Scáthach grinned savagely when she saw me finally muster the guts to face her.

"Finally got your balls back, boyo!" She came upon me like a red lightning bolt and had the spear she threw before fly right back at her and ready to strike at me once again, “Better not disappoint me by dying.”

"Pull up the spear in a high guard position and brace yourself for the impact!" Following Vritra's instruction, I brought up my weapon in front of me in a vertical position and made sure to hold my position.

Boom!

"Ha!"

The impact was so strong that I felt my arms nearly give in and get lifted from my feet. Speaking of my arms, they bent back a bit, my muscles and bones groaning at the sudden stress induced on them. Fortunately, nothing broke and I held on barely. "Take hold of her weapon and use it as leverage to deliver a knee attack to her skull."

I did just that and grabbed her spear, much to Scáthach's intrigue. She was curious about my next move, which she soon found out as my knee came closer to her face.

"Smart, but too slow!" Faster than before, moved forward and punched me in the face, stopping my momentum.

"Ngh!" I nearly blacked out from the impact, I'm sure that she broke my nose from that attack! I could taste the blood inside my mouth and couldn't even breathe normally for the next few seconds. I needed Asia to heal me up after all of this is said and done.