Chapter 6: A new club?

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya Solitary heart and 8kagi.

.

.

.

-Third POV Rias-

After Rias heard Hachiman's decision she was a bit shocked at first, but came to understand his hesitation.

The boy had just come out of a life and death scenario, barely saving both his friend and her mother's life. They were lucky that her Onii-Sama was notified of the fire. As the previous residence of one of the Fallen Angel's faction's main leaders, Baraqiel was kept under constant surveillance while he was on their land. Her clan was still in the process of familiarizing with Kuoh, after its former owner, Cleria Belial's tragic death, the Gremorys were then gifted with the land.

She was a bit skeptical on why her Onii-sama wanted her to go there instead, with Okita-san as her guard. But she didn't question him and used a spell to teleport near the shrine.

"Be careful Ojou-sama, Kuoh may be our territory but this land, in particular, is owned by the Himejima clan. One of the Five Principal Clans, they are a powerful clan of mystics linked to the Shinto gods and have served them for generations and are well known for purifying evil spirits. They do NOT get along with our kind in the slightest." warned her bodyguard.

'Especially now with all the fiasco going on with the church and the death of Lady Belial. Though this place may seem as a calm area at first, it is festered with dangers on every one of its corners.' thought Okita Souji.

He was not a fan of Sirzechs's decision on letting his sister deal with the matter. He understood that the presence of one of the Maous would cause waves but he could have sent Grayfia here to inspect to fire instead. But he relented in the end, he knew Sirzechs had a reason for every one of his actions and as his long-time friend and peerage member, he trusted him.

"Yes, Okita-san, I'll be careful."

Since she would live here in the future, her mother drilled every bit of knowledge into her brain, claiming that a noble lady like her should never be blind about her own territory.

[...D̶E̸...T̴E̵ ̷F̵I̷E̴L̵D̶!̵]̵

"There, near the mountains! I felt a burst of energy!" she claimed, sensing the rather short-lived source of power.

After a few minutes of flying to the source, she had found the trio, but Himejima Akeno and her mother were both unconscious, only the boy Hikigaya Hachiman was left standing surrounded by their attackers who were all somehow unconscious as well, he just stared aimlessly without moving or talking. She wanted to go help them but was stopped in her tracks by her brother's knight as he remained vigilant against the boy.

Only after a closer look did she spot an eerie dark-looking pauldron covering his right shoulder and his right chest with a red sphere-like gem embedded in it. 'A sacred gear!'

Rias grew astonished and a dragon one no less, they were known to be one of the rarest and strongest sacred gears one could hope to have. Even the weakest dragon gear, twice critical, could double a person's power. Now it might not change much for a regular human, but for someone with ultimate-class power, that was a game-changer.

She did not recognize the sacred gear but seeing its aftermath after probably awakening it for the first time, it must be very powerful, probably not a Longinus but close enough.

'With his help, I might...I might finally be set free from that—'

She was interrupted by her brother's knight, "Ojou-sama we need to get them back to safety, you can take care of those two women while I will bring the boy. Use your familiar to track the boy's abode by scent." He had somehow managed to put the boy to sleep and carried him in his arms.