Crimson-Haired Ruin Princess

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary

-Hachiman POV-

The 'Rating Game' has already started, Grayfia gave the go, and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Rias had prepared for this fight.

Riser had a full set with his Queen, who went by the moniker of the 'Bomb Queen', her magic was a powerful one, able to launch explosive spells which detonated on impact. Alongside Riser was his sister, Ravel. Both were basically unkillable firebirds who could just regenerate from any given injuries, no matter how lethal. Not to mention, despite his peerage looking more like a collection of girls, each representing a different fetish; despite this, they still were capable fighters.

On Rias' side, they numbered five in total and from the screen, I could see Rias somehow convinced Gasper to join the match. Granted, I haven't really met the guy, according to Akeno he was extremely shy and didn't wish to even leave his room.

Both Sirzechs and I observed the match closely, paying attention to everything that was about to happen. While the former had his usual smile, making it look like he wasn't worried about the fate of his sister—I was continuously tapping my feet on the floor in anticipation. Kinda hard not to get stressed when one of your closest people life depends on this match.

"You are quite tense, Hachiman-kun," Sirzechs said while taking a sip of his wine. Now that I took the time to observe the man, he was quite freakishly tall, and that armor just made him look more intimidating than his already frightening aura, kinda reminded me of a demon lord 'Well he is a Maou after all.'. If Sétante was that of a mountain capable of crushing me to paste, then this guy was a black hole that destorys anything it touches. There was no beginning nor end to his power, in my perspective, he was a true monster—I didn't even see him as a devil.

"It's kinda hard not to be. There are many unknown factors that I haven't taken into consideration, the fact that Rias' chance of winning isn't a hundred percent bothers me."

The Maou proceeded to laugh at my words.

"Hahahaha! You're a funny guy, Hachiman-kun." Which part of that was funny? "Though I do agree with you that the idea of having my sister's future depend on the outcome of this match is indeed nerve-wracking. I cannot predict the ending, anyone can win."

"You certainly don't look that worried yourself."

"That is the beauty of life, isn't it? Uncertainties and unpredictability are a constant factor, even while being the current Lucifer and one of—if not the—strongest Devil out there… I still can't control every aspect of everyone's lives. But that is what makes living interesting, it's what gives life that distinctive flavor that makes living through all these trials and tribulations worth it. In the end, all I can do is trust my sister's power and hope she can take hold of her life with her own hands." Sirzechs spoke philosophically, catching me off guard with his speech. Like why did he need to go on such an extensive talk about life? A simple yes or no would have sufficed, buddy.

'I still feel sleepy.' This was my bad mood acting up. Being chased around at spear point for days only to finally rest for less than six hours and then get teleported in the middle of Riser's peerage room, yelled at and getting attacked soon after—didn't put me in a good mood at all. Secondly…

"You truly deserve your title as Lucifer, the Prince of lies—I nearly believed you there." There ain't no way one of the biggest siscon I knew would let his sister do all of this on her own… it just wasn't logical at all for this guy, especially from all of the stories that Rias told me about him. "I would request you to not treat me like a gullible fool, please. It can get annoying at times."