Chapter 86: Class Visit

Beta read by Shigiya

.

.

.

-Kuoh-

"Don't worry, we'll be there before the class visit starts. Your father made sure to book a private jet from Hawaii to Kuoh just for that." 

It finally happened, my parents became corrupted with wealth.

"You know, I expected for you two to indulge in the lifestyle of what I would call nouveau riche, but there has to be a limit. But please, don't go spending twenty one million yen just for a class visit!" I shouted at the phone where I was on call with my mother. "We can literally buy a small house with that cash!" 

My mother has been full of spirit since the start of this conversation. Apparently, right after I left for the Underworld, a certain Fallen Angel Governor had them win an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for a honeymoon. Though they momentarily forgot about the class visit and were now rushing to get back. 

"No can do mister, it is our duty as parents to see how our cute little child is doing in school and if he's participating." I cringed at the first part. 

"Please don't call me cute or little, I'm a grown man." And I meant that in the literal sense. 

"Too bad, I am your mother and I have the authority to do so." 

"I am your son and I have the right to protest." 

I heard her scoff, "Yet you let Akeno-chan and Rias-chan call you Hachi-kun, cute and little." 

"I don't, they just keep calling me that even if I tell them not to."

And they don't call me little when we get intimate.

…Oh God, I shouldn't be thinking that while talking to my mother.

"Then I'll be following their example." She said confidently, disregarding her precious son's feelings of embarrassment. 

"You're a terrible mother." I said with an annoyed voice. 

"I prefer the word loving and concerned." I heard her sigh on the other end. "And I also want to see Asia-chan again. She's been gone for so long that I am even getting withdrawal symptoms of not having my daily dose of some Asia cuteness and cheek rubbing." 

This was all Rias' fault, her devilish influence reached their mind and corrupted their personalities to oblivion. "Just enjoy your vacation, I know you and dad care and both of you are aware that I do well in clas— and she hung up. Tch, stubborn woman, why is she like that?" I looked at the screen, hoping those two wouldn't squander their money for such a small matter. The sun rays that were blinding my eyes didn't help alongside my sore body. 

"You're the last person who should be asking such a question, nya!" 

"Oof!" Air escaped my lungs as a certain ditzy former terrorist in her cat form jumped on my chest. 

"How do you feel?" The furry face came close and licked my nose followed by a purr. If I wasn't so used to Akeno's teasing, I would be a blushing mess."Also, it's not good to lie to your parents like that, given the class visit is today." 

"Like my head is going to split into two. Also, I lied because I knew she was going to ignore my words." I then looked at the woman casually floating in the air in front of me, her majestic blue draconic wings on full display with her ethereal beauty presented to me. "I hope I impressed you, Tiamat."

"A bit," she said. I hadn't expected that answer to be honest. "You have made progress with magic casting as far as I can see, it isn't a major jump but still better than last time."