Chapter 81: Sisters

Beta read by Shigiya

.

.

.

Gremory garden-

-Gremory garden-

One emotion ran rampant inside the young Nekoshou when facing the source of her fear and anxiety from the past. 

Call it love or hate, Koneko had many emotions swimming around in her head about her big sister… some good but most were either traumatic and heart breaking. The Shirone of the past loved her dearly but Koneko didn't know what to feel anymore — it was all just too confusing and nauseatingly complex.

"What are you doing here…" she asked cautiously, scanning her surroundings for any exits despite Kuroka having told her that it would be futile. Though trusting her words would be a foolish mistake, even if Koneko had no way to contest against an ultimate class being… She didn't want to give up so early on.

"Ara nya~♪ Didn't I tell you to listen to your big sister's words? Why are you so nervous? I won't hurt you, I promise!" That was quite hard to believe, she needed to get out of here and join her King or get inside the Manor. Kuroka was powerful, but not a fool willing to break inside the Gremory House with Sirzechs nearby — probably. 

Bam! 

The white haired girl pushed against the ground, using her greater strength to compensate for the lack in speed. Her destination was the southern gate, the opposite side of where her sister was. 'She's not chasing me?' 

To her surprise, Kuroka didn't move from her spot.

Unfortunately, Koneko soon found out the reason why as her body struck against an invisible wall with a loud bang! "Ah!" Holding her red which received the brunt of the force, the girl fell onto the floor dazed and petrified. She was surrounded by an unknown force field, trapped and held hostage by one of the most dangerous person in the Underworld. 

She was resisting the urge to fall into a panic attack, her heartbeat increased dramatically when thinking about her situation. Wanting nothing more than to leave and hide from her sister. 

Gathering her senses, she got back up and used her full strength to land a punch onto the barrier. Another loud bang followed but aside a few ripples, not a single crack appeared. "This is…" an old memory of the past came back, when she, Kiba, Akeno and the Sona peerage members fought against Jeanne. "You're with them! That blond lady, Jeanne, the one who nearly killed Yuuto-senpai." 

This only further hardened her resolve about getting away from Kuroka. 

"Them? I'm not sure who you're talking about… Oh! Jeanne, you mean the Hero Faction, nya? Well it's a bit complicated, though I can see you don't like them as much as the Black Dragon King — because he had the same expression on his face." Kuroka wasn't completely up to date with matters concerning the Gremory peerage. There were holes in her knowledge about certain events they were involved in including an encounter with what exactly happened during their meeting with the Hero Faction. 

Her younger sister must have confused the barrier magic with George's ability. This one was a simple barrier that scaled with her magic reserves and power, so calling it powerful would be accurate. But it wasn't as impressive as a Sacred Gear ability. 

'Did he hurt Shirone?' A dark thought passed through her mind, if those people did in fact hurt her cute little sister, then she would pay them a visit after this. 

"I'm asking this again, what do you want…" 

It was adorable to see her little Shirone take a fighting stance with a serious face like that, it made Kuroka want to pinch her cheeks.