Trust Me

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Tyler

I sat at the edge of the bed waiting for Emily. I know Emily is new to this whole life, but I truly need her to understand that there is nothing in this world that will deter our relationship and I will not allow anyone to come between us. I've been a fool before by letting her go, and it was the hardest thing for me to do and love her from afar, thinking I was doing her good by staying away.

The pull from our mating bond made me ache uncontrollably each time I went away. I longed to touch her, to see her... To make her mine.

I first found her back when we were in the middle of a war. I cowardly let go of her because I was scared that she would get hurt. But my sister Selene was right. No one can protect her better than I can, and she's safer with me than anywhere else in this world.

If I am to make sure that she is safe, I must be by her side. I need to make sure I keep her safe, to teach her to protect herself, to fight, to train like every she-wolf in our pack, and help her embrace her destiny in our pack.

I love her far too much to see her get hurt.

I smile as she makes her way out of our in-suite bathroom, wearing my buttoned-up shirt, freshly showered. She patted her hair dry with a towel, smiling as she made her way towards me. I stood up, walked a few steps toward her, "There's my girl." I say as I grab her by the waist pulling her towards me and kissing her lips.

The sparks surge through my body as her hands caressed my chest, allowing a whispered moan to escape her lips.

"You really caught me off guard back there, you know that?" she says as she places her forehead against my chin. I kiss the top of her head and smile, hugging her tightly against me.

"I think it was long overdue. I mean, if I should explain how the mating bond works, we werewolves usually find our mates soon as we turn eighteen. We mate almost immediately, kind of how we did the day we met." I explained making her smile, her cheeks turning bright red.

"After the night a couple of mates, they talk about arrangements to get married as soon as possible and they start a family. You've been here almost two months already, and the only reason I wanted to wait was to give you time to process everything. Em, you have no idea how happy I am that your wolf is finally awake." I say making her eyes go wide.

She probably doesn't know I can sense her wolf, but I sensed it soon as she woke up today. The way she growled at Hope when she hugged me, the way her eyes fought to hold her emotions in. I bet her wolf is beautiful, and I can't wait to help her shift for the first time.

I stood there explaining to her how things would change for her starting today. Her vision would increase, her hearing, her smell, all of her senses would become so much better and more sensitive.

"Are you sure I'll be ok when I shift for the first time? I mean, how will I know what to do? What if I hurt my wolf?" I chuckled as she became worried for her wolf. She was absolutely wonderful, I can't wait to teach her everything there is to know about our pack, I mean, everyone is already so fond of her, so the initiation to our pack should be easy for her as long as she can successfully shift.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hope

"Sweetheart, what's the matter with you? You look angry. Is everything ok?" my mom asks as I make my way into the double room they had placed us in. I had stormed in angrily after seeing how Tyler held Emily by her waist walking away from me.

I don't understand. I thought he was becoming fond of me. I am so smitten by him, I've been there for him, befriended him and all of his acquaintances, and tried my best to get him to like me. Dad told me that it was possible Ty had no second chance mate and that I could petition to be his replacement. How the hell did he find Emily?

And a human to make matters worse? Uggh, this is so irritating. But I will not go down without a fight. Ty needs to be with me, someone strong, someone with equal power as him, not some weak-link like Emily. I deserve to be with him, not her, and believe me... I will do whatever it takes to make sure that he ends up with me. Whatever it takes...

"No mom, everything is not ok. Did you not see Tyler? He was with that... Emily girl. Ugggh!" I said as I sat on the sofa, frustrated, I grabbed a small pillow and yelled into it.

"Sweetheart, you have to understand, that's how the mating bond works. You will soon meet yours, just... Be patient. You'll find someone who will love you, cherish you, and treat you like the most precious jewel in the world. Tyler and Emily make such a beautiful couple, don't they? I met her at our conjoined picnic. She was so kind and humble, and he seems to be so in love with her." my mom was a dreamer, I hate it.

Everything is always peachy with mom, there's not a single conversation you can have with her and not see how in love with life she is. All thanks to Emma, of course. They're always talking about chakras and being aligned with yourself, all this... Love and peace shit... It's sickeningly sweet.

"Oh God, mom. Don't you get it? I'm in love with Ty, mom. I want Ty to be with me, to marry me. Not some... Dumb human." I say as I slump on my seat, shrugging my shoulders down.

"Sweetheart... You can't force anyone to fall in love with you, especially in our species. The mating bond is far too powerful, making you fall madly in love even if the man that our moon goddess partnered you up with was your worst enemy, you will find it nearly impossible to hate him after the mating bond takes effect. Tyler was destined to be with Emily, Hope, and nothing you or anyone can do will break that bond. The only ones that can ever break that bond, is Emily and Ty. I'm sure you will find your mate soon baby. You just have to be hopeful and patient."

I rolled my eyes and looked away from her. I was already twenty- four, and yet I have not found a mate. What the hell makes it be any different if I just married anyone else? But mom is right, the only ones that can break their connection are Emily and Tyler... I'll just have to come up with a way for one of them to reject the other.

Then, I can finally be with Ty and have him all to myself.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨