Malice

💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫

💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫

Emily

We spent the next half hour serving everyone, and couldn't resist but eat with the ladies in the kitchen by the time we were done.  It was so much fun, I didn't even feel the time pass by.

We got a kick out of how much we were laughing. The ladies were so nice, so humble, and oh my goddess were they funny. They reminded me of the ladies back in our pack and the ladies from my old town.

It's funny... I never thought I would miss them so much, or that I would become so attached to the pack so suddenly. But I did. I love our pack so much. We are all so united.

Alpha Landon, or Blake as he constantly tells me to call him, as well as Ty, have a saying that stuck with us. The pack is only as strong as your weakest member. And they are so right. This is the biggest reason why every member of our pack gets treated equally. No more, no less than the next.

I sat next to Ty while the ladies sat across from us at the kitchen island. I was pleased to oblige on eating the last of the chocolate muffins. I've been having a sweet tooth lately, and my favorite is chocolate everything.

I can feel Ty looking at me, making me blush. I turn and see him starring, I can't help but cup his face and kiss his lips, getting a choir of awes from the ladies.

"May I say, Beta Tyler, that you and your mate are so adorable, sir." one of the older ladies says making me blush. He smiles, nodding his head in gratitude. "Thank you, but just call me Ty," he replies making the ladies look among themselves and giggle as their cheeks blush.

Ty seems to have that effect on ladies. He's not just a gentleman, but he's kind-hearted, humble, and so adorable. Anyone would easily underestimate him how powerful he is until they catch his aura and can sense the power in him. I've seen him train, no one can outdo him, coming close to how powerful Alpha Blake is.

Our stay in the kitchen was short-lived.

Ty is the beta of our pack, and with that title comes great responsibilities. It wasn't long before we were called back into the dining hall.

We said thank you to the ladies that allowed us to help and we left to take our seats back in the dining hall.

My stomach churned as I see Hope sitting in the same round table where we sat, right across from us. Hope looked nothing but annoyed, but I could honestly care less.

Ty held the chair out for me, and soon as I took a seat, she drops her fork from her dessert onto her plate, rolling her eyes and crossing her hands across her chest.

Pretty childish if you ask me. But even that was not enough to take away the joy of what we did earlier. I was so happy to have helped.

We sat quietly, listening to different alphas going up to a small stage and speaking, asking for the three main packs, which ours was one of those three, to help them.

There had been numerous attacks on smaller and weaker packs done by rogues. My heart ached for them. They cried and there were times when they had to stop talking to hold themselves together from how depressed they felt at the thought of their loss.

I can't imagine what they must feel like to see members of their packs lose their lives, to lose their family members, their mates...

God, I hope I never have to go through that. It would surely tear me apart. I don't think I could ever live without Tyler, without my mom, my dad, or my brother. God, I don't even want to imagine any of our lack members leaving us.

Tyler held me tightly, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pressing me against him. He could sense that I was feeling a bit melancholic by the news. I was an empath and my body can absorb the energy from the people around me, especially anger and sadness.

I couldn't help but let out silent tears as one of the alpha's stood on that podium, pouring out all his sorrows in front of us. Alpha's are supposed to be the strongest of each pack, and rarely showed any emotions. You know they had to have undergone a bad loss to break in front of our small group.

Alpha James stands, his hands fisted as he takes a deep sigh. "Alpha Kennedy. I sincerely regret your loss. Having my luna by my side has been a true blessing. I can't imagine how you feel to not only grieve the loss of your luna and mate but your unborn pup as well. I can assure you, that we will get to the bottom of this." he looks towards the tables of the other alphas giving them a pleading stare, earning a nod in agreement.

Blake stands and holds his hand out for Selene as she stands by his side. "Alpha Kennedy, you have my word, that the Primord pack will support in not only aiding you in reconstructing your grounds, but we will help to protect your pack. We will also like for you to allow our pack to help train your warriors and ready them for future attacks." Selene looks at our alpha with adoring eyes as she loops her arm around his.

His hand goes over hers, giving it a slight squeeze. "Oh brother, they are already weak enough. They should just give away their territory and ask to join another pack." Hope says in a low voice but given we are all in a room full of werewolves, Lycans, and day-walking vampires, they can't help but give lie growls and turn to look at her.

Alpha Kennedy looks at her and his alpha authority begs to come out, but given his conditions, he sighs deeply and powers his gaze.

"May I remind you, Miss Hope, that you are not alpha of your pack still, and though you may feel you have the right to an opinion, you do not in these circumstances." Alpha James remarks, making her give a lie growl. Her eyes turn dark, as her animal instincts try to merge through.

"Enough, young lady, I must ask you to behave or leave this room. This is a very delicate matter. If your pack was under the same predicaments, believe me, you would be begging as well. Alpha Kennedy," alpha James looks towards the alpha in the podium.

"You have full support from the Blood Moon pack as well."

Then the third alpha stands and fists his hand firmly on the table. "The Crescent Moon pack is willing to help as well." alpha Kennedy's eyes light with hope, giving everyone a slight smile as his eyes water.

His right eye had been nearly severed and left with a bad wound that was slowly healing from the top of his forehead to midway of his cheek.

I sighed as my eyes locked on him, losing full attention to everything that was being said after that. It wandered off from how bad I felt about the alpha's conditions and their packs, to the malice inside Hope's heart. Truly something horrendous had to have happened to her to think so negatively all the time.

💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫💞💫