41: Percy Does Adulting

Percy waited out front of Midtown High. He heard the bell ring, and soon enough students were pouring out the doors. Percy kept scanning over their faces, looking for one in particular.

A group of students spotted him, and tried to start up a conversation. Percy did his best to be polite through their questioning. 

"So, why are you here?"

"I'm supposed to pick someone up." Percy said.

"Oh, really? Who is it?"

"Oh, uh. Just a..."

"Girlfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" 

"Oh, no, not a girlfriend or boyfriend." Percy said, weirded out.

"Yo! Look at this ride!" A guy called out to his friends from nearby.

Percy turned to see a group of students looking at his bike. He really hoped he wasn't gonna have to 'fight' some teens to leave him and his bike alone. Don't touch it don't touch it don't touch-

Percy's godly senses pinged behind him, toward the entrance. He turned and locked his gaze on the brown haired boy. He was on the phone, looking thoroughly confused.

"Mr. Stark, what do you mean, you sent someone to pick me up-?"

Percy raised a hand and waved at him. "Peter!"

Peter nearly jumped out of his skin. "Wait, I see- Did you send your son?"  

Tony laughed. "I'll see you soon kid." And he hung up.

Peter put his phone in his pocket, and made his way over to Percy. Several other students were watching curiously. "Uh, hi, Mister..."

"Dude, It's Percy." Percy said. "You ready to go? Have everything?"

"Yea- yeah. Yeah, I've got everything." Peter said.

"Alright. Let's get going." Percy said. 

"Where's your car?" Peter asked.

Percy pointed to his bike with a grin. Peter's jaw slacked a little.

"That? We're riding that?" Peter asked, eyes wide.

Percy kept walking to his bike, and walked through the crowd of bike enthusiasts ogling his ride. "'Scuse me guys."

"-hey," One of them protested.

Percy flipped open one of the saddle bags, and pulled a helmet out. He tossed it to Peter, who was still a few paces away. Peter barely caught it instead of having it just smack into his chest.

"Dude, this is yours?"

"Yup." Percy said, and grabbed his own helmet out of the other bag.

"What's the model? I've never seen anything like it- You had custom work done, right?"

Percy shrugged, and got his helmet situated. "Peter, you good?"

Peter was scanning the bike as best he could, taking in the parts and curves and angles. "Uh, yeah."

Percy took his backpack from him, and tucked it into one of the saddle bags. He then made sure the helmet fit Peter alright. 

"Parker, you know this guy?" 

"Uh, he's..."

"A friend." Percy said, and sat down. Peter sat down too.

Percy turned it on, adjusted the fancy science stuff like Tony had showed him, and then they were off.